PLEASE READ - Blanket ban on Football Videos

Guest Admin

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php/topic,19161.0.html

This is the rule as we intend to have it from now on.  No links to footballers or football clubs on YouTube, Google Video (and other likewise sites) or compilations from members. 

We not only have to be careful of our club, but the Premier League too who are now starting to crack down.  We can't take any chances.  If this site gets shut down, it is someone's work, a lot of hard work, that is being destroyed and somewhere that a lot of people use.  It's not worth it over clips that are barely watchable anyway.

We'll leave this thread open for those that like to tell us what power mad, egotistical maniacs we are, but we ask that you at least try and see it from our side. 

"This is for the safety of the site after receiving warnings."

Could an admin please elaborate on the warnings Newcastle-Online have received? Just curious as to what the copyright nazis are playing at.

AFAAA, the many other Premiership club forums I frequent never seem experience such threats. The posting of videos and links at times is prevalent. Are NUFC intentionally and actively observing sites such as this with a view to closing them down. Do they see NO as a threat? And haven't NUFC.com experienced similar troubles?

really really wierd

does that mean they want football to stay out of the internet..

and no one can watch any football clips in the internet,or download them for that matter..

i don't understand why did they went for NO in the first place,as Turnbull said,do they see it as a threat,while sites with hunderd's of thousends of members are still allowed to put whatever link they can put..

Admin

i can't blame you or anyone else in the site really,your just trying to prevent it from being shut down,even though i see the people that threatend you as power mad, egotistical maniacs  :D

Could an admin please elaborate on the warnings Newcastle-Online have received? Just curious as to what the copyright nazis are playing at.

AFAAA, the many other Premiership club forums I frequent never seem experience such threats. The posting of videos and links at times is prevalent. Are NUFC intentionally and actively observing sites such as this with a view to closing them down. Do they see NO as a threat? And haven't NUFC.com experienced similar troubles?

I think the fact the site has been shut down before is why we're so edgy about it.  There was a whole debate on the issue a few months back. 

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php/topic,25729.0.html

Since then we've been told to watch ourselves, by other sites that have received similar heat.  It may all just be hot air, but we're not risking it.  We also wouldn't do this just for the sake of it, despite what people may thing.  I mean, they're bloody YouTube clips. :lol:  Who gives a shit?

But as pointless as these clips are, it would be equally as pointless, and stupid, to get the site in shit over it. 

Do they see us a threat?  I doubt it.  We're not the only NUFC site to receive the threats.

What a joke no other, nufc forum cares!

Well go to another NUFC forum and come crawling back some time down the line when that site has been closed down and this one is still running.

Guest Deep456

Well go to another NUFC forum and come crawling back some time down the line when that site has been closed down and this one is still running.

Mate im just saying why would it be that this one is being so closely monitored whilst that one is probabaly bigger and no1 is monitering it.

Mate im just saying why would it be that this one is being so closely monitored whilst that one is probabaly bigger and no1 is monitering it.

Not sure which '1' you're referring to, but we know of at least two other NUFC sites getting the same treatment as us.

No one is claiming we're the only ones being sought out.  We just happen to be covering our base, and informing the members of the forum of the slight change. 

This site probably isn't being monitored but in the future it could be. The admin probably don't want the PL or whoever it is going around threatening legal action to find anything when they do come across this site so they can't close it down.

Guest Invicta_Toon

I think the fact the site has been shut down before is why we're so edgy about it.  There was a whole debate on the issue a few months back. 

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php/topic,25729.0.html

Since then we've been told to watch ourselves, by other sites that have received similar heat.  It may all just be hot air, but we're not risking it.  We also wouldn't do this just for the sake of it, despite what people may thing.  I mean, they're bloody YouTube clips. :lol:  Who gives a shit?

But as pointless as these clips are, it would be equally as pointless, and stupid, to get the site in shit over it. 

Do they see us a threat?  I doubt it.  We're not the only NUFC site to receive the threats.

heat?

FFS it's not Shaft threatening to bust a cap in HTT's ass now is it?

it's a few nobjockey lawyers who are scared that the club won't be able to afford their retainers due to copyright theft

Guest Invicta_Toon

This site probably isn't being monitored but in the future it could be. The admin probably don't want the PL or whoever it is going around threatening legal action to find anything when they do come across this site so they can't close it down.

NetResult is monitoring as we speak...

Guest Paul Allen
The following things MUST NOT be posted on the forum at any time.

- Fixtures Lists

- Video Compilations

- ANYTHING from Newcastle World

- Copyrighted Images

- Goal Clips/Highlights/Football clips in general

- Full match torrents

- Match Streams

- Requests for PMs containing any of the above things

Breaking of this rule can result in the forum being shut down, and will result in an immediate 2 week ban.

Due to the nature of this rule, please do NOT attempt to find and/or use loopholes without the permission of the moderating team, as this will also result in a ban.

As a result of many arguments, there is now a blanket ban on football videos.  Please do not post links of ANY football side or player, this will now result in a ban.  We now all know where we stand.  This is for the safety of the site after receiving warnings.

Fixture lists....just wondering....why can't we discuss this...also what does anything from the Newcastle World mean...can you elaborate a bit more please....

You can talk about fixture lists, but you can't put the actual list in a message. 

Anything from Newcastle World means just that.  Newcastle World is a subscription service of the official club site.  Man, this is the OLD stuff.

The following things MUST NOT be posted on the forum at any time.

- Fixtures Lists

- Video Compilations

- ANYTHING from Newcastle World

- Copyrighted Images

- Goal Clips/Highlights/Football clips in general

- Full match torrents

- Match Streams

- Requests for PMs containing any of the above things

Breaking of this rule can result in the forum being shut down, and will result in an immediate 2 week ban.

Due to the nature of this rule, please do NOT attempt to find and/or use loopholes without the permission of the moderating team, as this will also result in a ban.

As a result of many arguments, there is now a blanket ban on football videos.  Please do not post links of ANY football side or player, this will now result in a ban.  We now all know where we stand.  This is for the safety of the site after receiving warnings.

Fixture lists....just wondering....why can't we discuss this...also what does anything from the Newcastle World mean...can you elaborate a bit more please....

Fixture Lists are copyrighted believe it or not, and the two previous incarnations which merged to form Newcastle-Online (aka howaythetoon and ToonChat) both got closed down by their servers without warning after NUFC threatened the server with legal action. It is illegal to post more than 5 fixtures at a time I understand.

Newcastle World is the official website. The only thing from there we can post without breaking copyright as far as I understand is the text articles which you dont have to pay subscription for, and even then you must post a direct link to the page in question.

Guest Paul Allen

Gotcha thanks...sorry i'm new to the Toon world.....recently got into football.....liked newcastle first so i've decided to follow it....Thanks to DJ NUFC....he got me addicted to this team and this site....

To be honest, you are never going to be able to stop posters from breaking copyright rules - the email will catch peoples attention, but new members will not be aware. I think you generally see a short term decrease in video links, but it is now at the stage that you have to choose whether to ban everyone or no-one who breaks the rules. New posters will join and post links straight away and if unpunished the majority of other posters will do the same thinking they can get away with it also.

A big negative is that new members could be put off staying around with an immediate 14 day ban, but on the other hand the moderators have to do something to avoid endless videos to be posted, as in the end of the day, they need a deterrent to a) ensure the security of the site, and b) lessen their workload.

To be honest, no-one really reads the rules before posting, most people that join expect to be able to do what they want on the internet and aren't aware of the existence of copyright-breach monitors

I would recommend a kind of immunity period where month-old members can get away withan edited post and a very stern warning sent over PM - although it is not up to me to say what is done and what isn't done.

To be fair, this wasn't some sort of crackdown.  It was just us changing the rule slightly, and letting everyone know about it.  People will more than likely get an warning, providing it's not their 20th odd time doing it.

Towelie, no idea.  I'm too tired.