Google Chrome Problem

Belfast Mags

Use Chrome on my laptop and the last few weeks it started going really really slow when loading any pages, it's beginning to break my balls a bit now, anybody any ideas? (or had similar problems) other than the usual "do a virus scan", "check for malware" etc.

I've done all that standard stuff to no avail.

To be fair, it's getting a bit slow on start up as well now that I think about it, would defragging the hard drive be worthwhile?

I'm daft when it comes to anything complicated on computers so go easy if you have any advise.

Cheers

BM

Odd you made this thread, I was going to do similar.

Google Chrome isn't liking embedded YouTube videos for me currently. Youtube website itself seems to be working as normal but as an example, the last but one page of the What are you listening to? thread took about 10-15 seconds to fully load. I've tried clearing the cache, I've restarted and AFAIK I've got the latest version of Flash Player.

A quick search is telling me it's a fairly common problem but there are different "solutions". Doesn't sound particularly conclusive. Any thoughts? Cheers.

Use Chrome on my laptop and the last few weeks it started going really really slow when loading any pages, it's beginning to break my balls a bit now, anybody any ideas? (or had similar problems) other than the usual "do a virus scan", "check for malware" etc.

I've done all that standard stuff to no avail.

To be fair, it's getting a bit slow on start up as well now that I think about it, would defragging the hard drive be worthwhile?

I'm daft when it comes to anything complicated on computers so go easy if you have any advise.

Cheers

BM

It's an extension that is causing the problem.

Go to Chrome settings and extensions and there should be one there called "Allow website logon" or something similar, it's exact name isn't coming to me. You'll know which one I'm talking about though. Untick it. Should be problem solved.

That's what was wrong with mine.

EDIT: It should fix yours too Nailz.