Random footballers from the 00's

TaylorJ_01

Random managers from the 90's in the same mould: Paul Le Guen.

Won everything with Lyon. Went to f***ing Glasgow Rangers. Disappeared. Now in charge of Oman.

Dr Jozef Venglos, of Aston Villa and Celtic fame

Jacques Santini, managed Spurs but if you blinked you would have probably missed it

Raynald Denoueix

Nihat Khaveci

Darko Kovacevic

02/03

Kovacevic was actually quite good. I remember he came over (to Sheffield Wednesday?) with Dejan Stefanovic, who was rubbish...

These weren't bad players nor a bad manager, Kovacevic and Nihat tore La Liga apart that season. I loved watching Sociedad during 02/03. I still find it painful that Denoueix never got back into management after his spell there. They were amazing and pushed Real Madrid all the way.

All in all, 02/03 is the best season of football I've watched. Mainly because of the endless amount of good Newcastle memories, but half-fell in love with Sociedad and Felix Magath.

Iglesias Borja Valero. Shit for West Brom, signs for Villarreal and wins the award for best player in La Liga.

In terms of PES Master League Legends:

Kaiser, Bradley, Bouquet, Ximelez, Espimas, Shimizu, El Moubarki, Hong Yon Nam, Hoekstra, Machado, Marchand, Nijkamp, Postma, Palmieri, Schwarz, Van den Berg...

God I've given so many hours to that game.

Iglesias Borja Valero. s*** for West Brom, signs for Villarreal and wins the award for best player in La Liga.

Not really random but Mendieta had such a good career with Valencia until his big money move to Lazio, then it all fell apart. Can think of players like Shevchenko and Kaka (Milan, Milan...)who have done well and supposedly in their prime until they got transferred for a huge transfer fee (Torres doesn't count cos he was declining before his Chelsea move). Maybe we can start a thread on this.

Guest Miguel Piñero

Jerome Rothen

Remember when he took the p*ss out of us in the Intertoto with Troyes?

Went on to play Champions League final with Monaco.

Looked like the left footed Beckham the way he put cross after cross on Morientes' head.