Has anyone had Balanitis before?

Big Geordie

Just wondering if anyone on NO had this before;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balanitis (link NSFW - pics of men's 'bits')

Basically it's an infection on the tip of the penis, which I've had off and on for the last 6 months, but it's gotten worse in recent weeks. It's not an STI (though it can be transmitted that way) and I haven't been arsing around on Mrs Big Geordie!It is however a bit of a pain and one that I've decided to seek treatment for. Had been treating myself with Cannistan (sp?) cream, but it seemed to stop working. Took the plunge last week and went to see my GP - happened to be the reasonably fit one(!), but I managed to behave myself thankfully whilst she had a look. :D Anyway, she's put my on a week's course of anti-biotics to see if it will cure it. Does seem to be a bit worse this morning however, For the record, it's not down to bad personal hygiene as I wash myself daily in that area. Have been slightly alarmed that the only cure that seems available is a circumcision!

If the meds don't work, the GP said to go back and she will refer me on to the GUM clinic.

*feels a bit embarrased*  ???

Fucking hell, opened this expecting to see a recipe for a delicious Greek dish, wasn't expecting that!

Haven't had this fwiw, but it doesn't seem overly serious - hope you don't have to get the old man defrocked.

f***ing hell, opened this expecting to see a recipe for a delicious Greek dish, wasn't expecting that!

Haven't had this fwiw, but it doesn't seem overly serious - hope you don't have to get the old man defrocked.

:lol:

What a great thread to open while eating my lunch. :lol:

:lol:

I hope you didn't click the link :lol:

No, my eyes were immediately drawn to 'infection on the tip of the penis' before I even noticed the link. :lol:

I had a lesion on the end of little Haz.  Went to the GUM clinic (took Mrs. Haz with me for support so they wouldnt think Id been waving it about).  Took a swab and told me everything was OK and it went away on its own.  Presumably if you have an infection they'll give you antibiotics.