Splinter Cell: Blacklist - August 20, 2013 (PS3, 360, WiiU, PC)

Guest Affy

I think that looks better than Conviction.

But it seems as though its not as stealthy as conviction.....then again maybe the guy whos doing the gameplay is turd

• 1 month later...
Guest firetotheworks

I like that it's went back to rewarding you for stealth. I always used to just restart the level if I got in a shoot out in Splinter Cell. Even if it worked I felt like I'd failed.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
:lol: Things worked out perfectly, tbh. They're doing double trade in value until GTA hits, so I can grab this, smash it and trade it back in for like 50 bucks. I'm only losing ten bucks off this.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-08-14-splinter-cell-blacklist-review

Spies vs Mercs saves Blacklist from the ignominy of being merely good. Like Hitman Absolution last year, the campaign feels like a fun game bogged down by its desire to look like a stylish action thriller; it's cavalier with its politics and your time, and on occasions you'll wonder why you bothered to negotiate with these terrorists. But when the game clicks, which it does often enough across its many modes and missions, it overcomes the inadequacy of its storytelling and reminds you why Splinter Cell was so appealing in the first place.

8 / 10

Said ages ago that this would be average. For some reason people thought the last one was good but I just couldn't buy into the more action orientated gameplay. They've wrecked Splinter Cell in the same way that they've destroyed Rainbow Six by making it too 'pick up and play' friendly and too accessible to people that want non stop action sequences. The fun in the Tom Clancy games used to be that they were absolutely lethal which made them different but now they appear to just be part of the crowd.

Said ages ago that this would be average. For some reason people thought the last one was good but I just couldn't buy into the more action orientated gameplay. They've wrecked Splinter Cell in the same way that they've destroyed Rainbow Six by making it too 'pick up and play' friendly and too accessible to people that want non stop action sequences. The fun in the Tom Clancy games used to be that they were absolutely lethal which made them different but now they appear to just be part of the crowd.

Agree with this, much like Hitman they have taken the stealth (something I enjoyed) out of the game.

Will most likely pick this up when it's under £20..