Metalist Kharkiv vs Newcastle United - 21/02/13 @ 6pm GMT (Live on ESPN)

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest neesy111

Southampton is more important, imo. Play the reserves + first team players in need of match fitness.

Hate this attitude. We keep dreaming of Europe all last season and then just throw it away. Pick as strong team as possible but not risking anyone who's had minor knocks.

Yes but we didn't think we'd be 16th though at the end of February :lol:

Guest neesy111

Agreed. I know people will complain but it's far too early to assume were safe yet.

Lose against Southampton and were fucking deep in it again, no doubt about that.

Southampton is more important, imo. Play the reserves + first team players in need of match fitness.

Hate this attitude. We keep dreaming of Europe all last season and then just throw it away. Pick as strong team as possible but not risking anyone who's had minor knocks.

We'll be fine. :thup:

Guest neesy111

We'll be fine. :thup:

I admire your optimism, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Southampton is a HUGE games but being robbed in our home leg should have us fired up nothing like an injustice to get the anger going. Full strength please we are in football to win silverware this is a chance it cannot be ignored YES being in the Premier League is of the up most importance but surely we have enough to cope with both games.

Guest neesy111

Southampton is a HUGE games but being robbed in our home leg should have us fired up nothing like an injustice to get the anger going. Full strength please we are in football to win silverware this is a chance it cannot be ignored YES being in the Premier League is of the up most importance but surely we have enough to cope with both games.

Silverware.

:yao:

Not a chance we'll win this when it's over 2 legs every game.

We have to go for this competition, else what's the point in even trying to qualify through the league?

As much as I don't want to be another team that turns up and makes up the numbers, the last six months have left us in a position where we are having to protect our position in this league right now rather than go on a cup run.  It's not just the Southampton game, but any further progression in this competition will have an effect on fixtures following UEFA games.  Another relegation will be disastrous to the club at this point and unfortunately we have to look at the long term.

------------------Krul

Simo-----MYM-------Colo-------Sant

----------------Perch

---Sisso--------------------Anita--

-----------------Cab

--------Marv------------Cisse

SUBS - Elliot Taylor Willo Haidara Jonas Tiote Shola

------------------Krul

Simo-----MYM-------Colo-------Sant

----------------Perch

---Sisso--------------------Anita--

-----------------Cab

--------Marv------------Cisse

SUBS - Elliot Taylor Willo Haidara Jonas Tiote Shola

i like how that right hand side sounds, got a rhythym to it like a shepherd counting.

Silverware.

There's always an excuse not to try hard in cups, that's why we'll never win one.

In the last few years off the top of my head:

Promotion season: Promotion more important, fuck the cups off.

First season back up: Avoid relegation, fuck the cups off.

Last season: Doing canny well here, fuck the cups off.

This season: Doing shit again and might get relegated, fuck the cups off.

We will never win a cup, ever.  We don't even want to, as a fanbase or a club.

Guest neesy111

Silverware.

There's always an excuse not to try hard in cups, that's why we'll never win one.

Promotion season: Promotion more important, fuck the cups off.

First season back up: Avoid relegation, fuck the cups off.

Last season: Doing canny well here, fuck the cups off.

This season: Doing shit again and might get relegated, fuck the cups off.

We seriously have to win that southampton game, though that isn't an excuse to put a totally shit team out.  I'd rest Santon, Coloccini and Cabaye for it.

I think we can get 13+ points from the last 12 games regardless.  There will always be an excuse to throw the cups and we always take it.  I'd play close to a full-strength side.

Also, only twice in the last ten seasons have you actually needed as many as 40 points to stay up. The average to be fourth bottom is only 36/37 points. I know people say this season might be different but they always say that. Third bottom Reading are currently on course for about 34 points.

Krul

Mbiwa          Taylor        Colo        Haidara

Obertan          Anita          Cabaye    Marveaux

Sissoko

Cisse

Krul

Anita          Taylor      Mbiwa      Haidara

Tiote        Perch

Obertan              Marveaux      Gutierrez

Cisse

A competitive side that doesn't risk Colo, Ben Arfa, Cabaye, Santon or Sissoko. 3-1 defeat.

Wow, no one think we can get a result.

It's amazing how it's "We never did enough to deserve a win and didn't put away our chances" however they do the same and it's "Oh they are capable of scoring".

Sorry but from what I saw of them today they never looked capable of scoring, all their chances came on the break and they couldn't handle it when the pressure was on them to finish a move, most if not al of their attacking play was brought about by Santon's inability to defend during the match.

We did enough to win that game today, in fact we did win just we were robbed by one of the most suspect officiating performances ever.

Even when they were clear through on goal they never looked like scoring.

No way are we going to go there and bring enough men forward for them to be able to counter against us like they did today, we will be more disciplined and will build from midfield.

They didn't offer anything that we should be particularly worried about, and no real surprises in ability for team at this stage of the competition. If we are shitting ourselves by what they showed tonight then we might as well pack up and forget ever playing football again at any level because all they had was a weak counter attack which 9 times out of 10 was broken down by the time they even reached our box.

I think we can and I think we will score out there next week, and I can't see them out scoring us.

I honestly reckon that if either of the goals had stood then the flood gates would have opened, we carved them open too many times, good saves, and incorrect offside decisions saved them. I saw more poor offside decisions going their way other than the two goals as well.

Agreed. I know people will complain but it's far too early to assume were safe yet.

Lose against Southampton and were f***ing deep in it again, no doubt about that.

Agreed - cannot afford to lose this game...will be one of the most important of the season.

Silverware.

Promotion season: Promotion more important, f*** the cups off.

First season back up: Avoid relegation, f*** the cups off.

Last season: Doing canny well here, f*** the cups off.

This season: Doing s*** again and might get relegated, f*** the cups off.

Disagree that the fans don't want to win Cups - they'd LOVE going to Wembley/UEFA Final, esp if we won.

Its the Board and manager that only want PL success because that is where the money is. It is a disgrace that a club the size of NUFC can't aim to hold a safe PL place and challenge for Cups and that is down to small time thinking from those at the top - certainly before January - and also poor team management and selection/motivation.....

The club has finally started to say that this competition is important to them, it has always been important to the fans. I don't get the recent comments on here about us not going for it, there is no point in wishing for European football if we don't wish to win this tournament, we have a love affair with this cup and I'd love for us to win it.

I don't want us to be in this competition for the trips to Ukraine, Greece, etc, I want to be in this competition so that in May we win something, so that we end our trophyless run with the last trophy we won. I want us to be in this competition so that we win something and build from there.

I want us to be in this trophy to win it, and if I was offered 17th place and the Europa League then I would take it, in fact I'd take a derby defeat, 17th place for this cup.

To the fans who want us to be in this cup and aiming to finish in a league position that will place us in this competition every year but are prepared to just quit on it half way through then I regard them in the same category of fans who are prepared to go to regular matches but would be prepared to work on a cup final day if we got there. I.E. If you aren't able to accept the good times and the big games football brings then their is no point in supporting a club.