Metalist Kharkiv vs Newcastle United - 21/02/13 @ 6pm GMT (Live on ESPN)

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I would like us to put out a very strong team but rest a couple of key players. Perch has covered Tiote well in his absence so I would have tiote in midfield again, perch can play against southampton as well. I would rest/drop Santon for Haidara, and put simpson into right back and rest colo. Might even rest sissoko for anita. Hatem would perhaps make the bench as a game changer...

My team would be:

---------------------Krul--------------------------

Simpson-----Mbiwa-----Tayls-------Haidara

Marveaux----Tiote-----anita-------Jonas

-------------------Cabaye----------------

-------------Cisse----------------------

Bench: Elliot, Sissoko, Perch, Santon, Ben Arfa, Colo

He better go and attack them, or at least make the players show a bit of interest in the final third of the pitch.

Can't wait for this trip, 3 nights of trying to survive. hopefully everyone else making the journey stays safe and gets back to the UK in one piece!

I would like us to put out a very strong team but rest a couple of key players. Perch has covered Tiote well in his absence so I would have tiote in midfield again, perch can play against southampton as well. I would rest/drop Santon for Haidara, and put simpson into right back and rest colo. Might even rest sissoko for anita. Hatem would perhaps make the bench as a game changer...

My team would be:

like that. my main worry is cabaye, sissoko and cisse. we need them against southampton...but they should be able to play 2 matches in short time.

Problem is cisse has to play every minute for the rest of the season...if gouffran isn´t available.

can´t take more of shola. What does his teammates think of his game?....he most be feel quiet silly :undecided:

My team would be:

I like that also, perhaps Santon for Haidara and Sissoko for Cabaye but either way don't matter, its a good enough team to win the game IMO.

Then Ben Arfa, Gouffran, Debuchy, Colo, Santon and Sissoko come back in for Southampton so have enough fresh players for both games.

Don't need to make wholesale changes from last night, just 2/3 and the cup tied/injured players can come back against Southampton too.

Hopefully Pardew can see that.

Guest palnese

I've changed my mind overnight.

Play our strongest side. I think we're more than good enough to stay up regardless of this competition.

My priorities for the rest of the season are:

1) staying up (I'm almost fully confident now that we will)

2) making a serious run in Europe

We worked hard last season to even get to Europe, be a shame if we just threw in the towel now. Especially considering there's almost no chance of us qualifying again for Europe through the league this year. We can trot out strong sides in Europe and not jeopardize staying-up. Don't really care if we finish 12th or 17th tbh, just so we're not relegated. At the end of the day, anything between 6th and 17th effectively means the same thing.

For this match:

Krul                             

Yanga-Mbiwa      Coloccini               

Simpson                            Haidara

Anita        Cabaye

Sissoko

Jonas                      Obertan

Cisse

So resting Santon, Tiote, Taylor, Marveaux and Debuchy (and Gouff).

Obertan and Jonas makes me cry.

It does for me too, but ya know, I thought Obey looked pretty good last night. And Jonas has been playing better since the influx of transfers. I'd keep them in the line-up for the second leg.

It does for me too, but ya know, I thought Obey looked pretty good last night. And Jonas has been playing better since the influx of transfers. I'd keep them in the line-up for the second leg.

I agree tbh, it was more a general statement about our wide spots when you go from Gouffran and Ben Arfa to Jonas and Obertan its enough to depress. :'(

I agree tbh, it was more a general statement about our wide spots when you go from Gouffran and Ben Arfa to Jonas and Obertan its enough to depress. :'(

:lol: To think that Jonas/Obertan might've been our strongest combo at one point in the near past.

Game is on ITV4 isn't it? Not ESPN.

Fair play, NUFC.com is wrong.

NUFC.com are now saying this

Live on ESPN* (NB: anyone trying to watch that channel via the SkyGo service will find out that due to contractual restrictions it's not available).

* ITV4 had advertised coverage of either the Metalist v Newcastle or Lyon v Spurs ties. Their website is yet to be updated, but it's believed that they've opted to show the Cockerels. That leaves us in the early ESPN slot.

The odds are that we'll get knocked out now, and looking at the other teams in the competition we don't stand much chance of winning the whole thing anyway. Ukraine will be a long and tiring journey with, I fear, nothing at the end of it.

I wouldn't take any chances with our league status. Apart from anything, Southampton are a decent side and we need to be at our best to beat them. Pardew has to face up to the situation we're in and play a second string next Thursday.

We either send a full reserve side managed by Willie Donachie, or we play a full strength team. We have been too chop and change this season which has been a reason why we are so far down the league table. The best possible preparation for Southampton is to keep the team together.

There are some right soft cocks in here like. I agree with Interpolic, I am sick of fucking the cups off year after year, excuse after excuse. Even if we lose to Southampton I am more than confident that we will stay up. I mean for fucks sake man yeah, there are far better teams than us in this competition and it is highly unlikely that we'll win it but you never know what will happen if you try your best; look at Bradford ffs.