Metalist Kharkiv vs Newcastle United - 21/02/13 @ 6pm GMT (Live on ESPN)

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If Pardew puts out a blatantly weakened team against these then he needs shooting. According to .com we only have 1 decent injured player (R.Taylor) and have just bought 4 apparently very good players to boost the squad. If we can't manage to play well in 2 games in 4 days with a full squad of mostly good players then how are we ever going to win anything?

I can already hear his excuses on Sunday if we don't win :anguish:

If Pardew puts out a blatantly weakened team against these then he needs shooting. According to .com we only have 1 decent injured player (R.Taylor) and have just bought 4 apparently very good players to boost the squad. If we can't manage to play well in 2 games in 4 days with a full squad of mostly good players then how are we ever going to win anything?

I can already hear his excuses on Sunday if we don't win :anguish:

Agree 100% :thup:

:thup: I'll be fuming if we hoy the game on Thursday.

If the officials are as bad against us (I suspect they will be WORSE) as the first game, I expect no good to come of it. They've proved to be typical south Americans with their diving and rolling about, and even at Newcastle, the ref and linesmen fell for it 95% of the time. They WON'T be so quick to rule out any Metallist goals for dubious offside decisions, thats for damn sure. As Han Solo said..."I have a bad feeling about this...."

Gouffran and Ben Arfa are expected back for Southamton aye? That gives us some flexibilty with the the squad. Pardew won't do the same team but I'd go;

Krul

Mbiwa

Colo

Taylor

Haidara

Tiote

Sissoko

Marveaux

Cabaye

Jonas

Cisse

I prefer Cabaye further forward than Sissoko.

Two games over 1600 miles apart.

Two games over 1600 miles apart.

They're not cycling back from the Ukraine like :lol: They just sit down for a few hours.

IMO the best solution would be:

Kharkiv:

Krul

Simpson    Colo      Yanga-Mbwia    Haidara

Tiote      Cabaye

Sissoko            Marveaux          Gutierrez

Cisse

Subs: Perch or Obertan for Cabaye (70), Shola for Cisse (70), a/nother for whoever looks most tired/ineffective.

Southampton:

Krul

Debuchy      Colo    Taylor      Santon

Anita  Cabaye

Gouffran            Sissoko        Marveaux (HBA if fit)

Cisse

Good, defense is one of the few positions you can't muck about with. By all means rotate a few players here and there but in defense i think its smart to stick with what we had in last game.

Also defense is hardly a position where players tire so we could probably get away with them playing consistently in Pardew's eyes.