Study into football match attendance.

Guest jimmywttoonarmy

Guest jimmywttoonarmy

Hi guys, I'm doing a study into consumer behaviour at uni, and more specifically what makes people attend football matches.

I need 1 person to complete the questions I have posted below if possible. It would be helpful if you could go into as much detail as you can for each question, as that would allow me to use the data to greater effect for my assignment!

Anyone can complete the questionnaire and I will choose the most appropriate one if a few of you want to. If someone wants to do it but would rather message me privately with their answers then that' fine!

Thanks in advance!

1. Which team do you support?

2. When and why did you begin supporting them?

3. How often do you attend live matches?

4. On those occasions, what made you go watch it live?  (e.g. rather than watching on TV)

5. Is there a certain match or type of match you would prefer to watch? Why? (Such as Cup games or League games)

6. Does the teams form affect the likelihood of you attending a game?

7. How do the results of the team affect you emotionally?

8. Do you approach matches against some teams differently? (For example: Derby games)

9. Does the strength of the opponent have an effect on your decision to watch a game?

10. Do you feel an affiliation with supporters of the same team?  (provide example)

11. Do you behave differently when part of the group of fans?

12. Do you have any pre-match procedures or routines that you carry out? Why do you have these?

13. Would you ever attend a match on your own? (If No, What would stop you from going to match alone?)

14. Do you have any post match plans or routines? What are they?

15. Do you perceive home games differently to away games? Why?

16. Do you only attend matches of your supported team? What makes you go to others?

17. Does the cost of attending a game affect your likelihood of attendance?

18. Do you wear the team colours to a match?

jimmywttoonarmy:

Hi guys, I'm doing a study into consumer behaviour at uni, and more specifically what makes people attend football matches.

I need 1 person to complete the questions I have posted below if possible. It would be helpful if you could go into as much detail as you can for each question, as that would allow me to use the data to greater effect for my assignment!

Anyone can complete the questionnaire and I will choose the most appropriate one if a few of you want to. If someone wants to do it but would rather message me privately with their answers then that' fine!

Thanks in advance!

1.  Which team do you support?

NEW CASSUL

2.  When and why did you begin supporting them?

the season they got promoted from division one. I was about 8 years old or something and everyone loved the toon that year. Andy cole killing it.

3.  How often do you attend live matches?

Not very. Once a year.

4.  On those occasions, what made you go watch it live?  (e.g. rather than watching on TV)

Important game/convenient games to me being in the area.

5.  Is there a certain match or type of match you would prefer to watch? Why? (Such as Cup games or League games)

Away league games vs big teams. Because of the atmosphere.

6.  Does the teams form affect the likelihood of you attending a game?

Yes. It's very hard to pay the money when u feel defeat is inevitable.

7.  How do the results of the team affect you emotionally?

Heavily. I am not pleasant to be around after a poor performance.

8.  Do you approach matches against some teams differently? (For example: Derby games)

Yes. Most games I will sit and watch on my own. Big derbies and important league games or big team games I will go pub it up and spend my time getting ready for the big game.

9.  Does the strength of the opponent have an effect on your decision to watch a game?

No. I watch all games.

10.  Do you feel an affiliation with supporters of the same team?  (provide example)

Yes. I can talk to people I have nothing in common with, because of nufc.

11.  Do you behave differently when part of the group of fans?

Yes. Far more aggressively!

12.  Do you have any pre-match procedures or routines that you carry out? Why do you have these?

Nope

13.  Would you ever attend a match on your own? (If No, What would stop you from going to match alone?)

Probably not. If I got given a ticket to a big game, I'd do it.

14.  Do you have any post match plans or routines? What are they?

No

15.  Do you perceive home games differently to away games? Why?

Home games are must not lose. Away games are 1 point is acceptable.

16.  Do you only attend matches of your supported team? What makes you go to others?

Only nufc.

17.  Does the cost of attending a game affect your likelihood of attendance?

Yes. In line with team form. Expensive tickets and shit team is a no go.

18.  Do you wear the team colours to a match?

Yes.