Intercostal muscle tear and treatment

Big Geordie

Been to the docs this morning and he's diagnosed me with torn muscle in the left side of my chest (just below the ribs) Was shifting my daughter's play house in the garden on Monday and I felt something 'snap'. Bit of discomfort at first, but it's since got worse and after a rough night's sleep, decided it was best to seek help. Doc has stuck me on 30mg codine to me taken 3 times a day and told me to take it easy for a few days - no heavy lifting, etc.

Anyone else had owt similar and what kind of recovery time could I be looking at?

Intercostal muscles are between the ribs - very feckin painful! :(

Yep, I had pretty much the same a few years ago.  Breathing was even a struggle at times, just can't get comfortable with it at all.  Takes a little time to heal unfortunately, expect a couple of weeks of being uncomfortable.  Careful of the codeine too, magical stuff it is. You will be in cloud cuckoo land.

Sounds nearly as painful and as riveting as that thread about the tip of your cock falling off.

Aye - ages comes to us all, unfortunately. Big 40 for me in two months time.

Thankfully, the codine (onto the 2nd tablet of the day) has taken the edge off the pain and discomfort. Hopefully I'll manage a reasonable kip tonight.