Security for fans

womblemaster

Obviously we hate spurs, but this is just criminal:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21553769

Are clubs providing enough help for travelling fans? 

tbh am suprised no newcastle fan got beaten up yesterday.

We arent targets for neo-nazis, but the local thugs are happy to have a go!

imo the local police arent always reliable protection, in my experience they cant be arsed to deal with tourists let alone foreign fans.

Anyone have any serious incidents from out previous european campaigns?

If they're not already, UEFA should be coordinating with local and national police agencies to provide extra security for visiting fans in European matches. No excuses for fan violence of the sort.

There's a Spurs security group that apparently travels with the away fans nowadays to these games. These are a few quotes from someone who was in the pub:

"Well I guess a few of you decided to come to the Smoking Dog. It is now full and louder than any away pub ever #coys"

"Spurs security. We need urgent help."

"Smoking Dog urgently."

"We're trapped in the back and chairs are coming through the window."

"Lyon stormed pub. We're trapped in the back. No police."

"Spurs security are here. Ambulances on the way. Will update soon."

"Police here. Ambulances here. Seems to have calmed down. Hearsay it was French fascists. Tbc."

"Can I say, for the record, @SpursOfficial 's representatives were on the scene in 5 minutes. Thank you. Glad you were here. #Coys"

Sad that it has come to this, but glad that something like that is there for backup. Completely unconnected to Lyon. That guy above was a 51-year-old bloke who was there with his son (20). A group of 20 or so apparently asked if they were English, then attacked them, and had him on the ground kicking his head in. Some locals dragged them away, thank heavens.

Foreign hoodlums see the English as fair game due to past offences by pretty much every club in England, be it home or abroad, and as a result want to prove and make a name for themselves against said "former/current thugs". It's pretty sad obviously and luckily we're one of the better ones in terms of not attracting trouble. Coupled with this the police aren't paid enough in most countries to give a shit and protect foreigners so it's all a bit shit really.

Can't see anything changing anytime soon either, no incentive really.

Foreign hoodlums see the English as fair game due to past offences by pretty much every club in England, be it home or abroad, and as a result want to prove and make a name for themselves against said "former/current thugs". It's pretty sad obviously and luckily we're one of the better ones in terms of not attracting trouble. Coupled with this the police aren't paid enough in most countries to give a s*** and protect foreigners so it's all a bit s*** really.

This seems to have been an attack justified by our being a "Jewish club", like the one in Rome. It doesn't appear to be the typical "our thugs v your thugs" footy punch-up - more a far-right group looking to make a point.

Foreign hoodlums see the English as fair game due to past offences by pretty much every club in England, be it home or abroad, and as a result want to prove and make a name for themselves against said "former/current thugs". It's pretty sad obviously and luckily we're one of the better ones in terms of not attracting trouble. Coupled with this the police aren't paid enough in most countries to give a s*** and protect foreigners so it's all a bit s*** really.

This seems to have been an attack justified by our being a "Jewish club", like the one in Rome. It doesn't appear to be the typical "our thugs v your thugs" footy punch-up - more a far-right group looking to make a point.

It does and that's even more despicable, I was just saying as a general rule of thumb. Obviously Spurs having Jewish connections doesn't help them when it comes to morons unfortunately. I believe Ajax have similar issues a lot of the time.

Perhaps if certain sections of Spurs fans stopped gallivanting around away grounds and surrounding areas chanting the word "yiddos" in an aggressive manner then they wouldn't be getting attacked by all and sundry when they travelled abroad or to away fixtures.

Perhaps if certain sections of Spurs fans stopped gallivanting around away grounds and surrounding areas chanting the word "yiddos" in an aggressive manner then they wouldn't be getting attacked by all and sundry when they travelled abroad or to away fixtures.

What's the point, man?

Well, I think he means racism anti semitism etc

What's the point, man?

I'll throw that back to you. The point is a valid one. I haven't seen anybody else's fans being attacked on such a regular basis.

What's the point, man?

I'll throw that back to you. The point is a valid one. I haven't seen anybody else's fans being attacked on such a regular basis.

The Mackems senses are attacked constaly when they go to ponteland aiport as they struggle to understand why the signs are inaccurate

Don't see what's funny about the picture.

:rolleyes:

I do feel bad for the guy, just trying to have a good time with his son. Club ought to gift him a pair of tickets, meet and greet with a few of the players, etc. Be a nice gesture anyway.

What's the point, man?

Well, I think he means racism anti semitism etc

Of course I do as well Hans knows.

I don't know the statistics and I don't really care, there's no need for a bloke and his son to be jumped by a pack of nobs, regardless of how a few of their lot go on. It just comes across like your Man U vendetta, A deep genuine hatred of a club and it's fans for arbitrary reasons.

Like the fucking Lyon lot would have had a clue what they were shouting anyway.