NOTW - Sheva to the Toon

Crumpy Gunt

NEWCASTLE are considering an audacious bid to land Chelsea striker Andriy Shevchenko on a five-month loan deal.

Toon boss Glenn Roeder is monitoring the striker's situation after it was revealed the Blues would be willing to let him leave on a temporary basis in January.

Sheva's former club AC Milan are favourites to sign the Ukrainian, 30.

But a Geordies source said: "Newcastle are thinking of making a move for Shevchenko if Chelsea are serious about letting him go on loan.

"It's a deal which would benefit both clubs.

"It would help out the striker situation at Newcastle and allow the player to adjust to life in the Premiership without playing for one of Chelsea's title rivals."

Roeder is desperate to land new strikers next month because of injuries to Michael Owen and Shola Ameobi, while Oba Martins and Albert Luque have struggled.

But Sheva has hit just three league goals since a £30million move from Milan in May.

Shite if you ask me mind!

Guest Village Idiot

Wonder who that "Geordie voice" is, I loved the part where he essentially says "they can loan Sheva to us because we are shit".

Guest Village Idiot

Sometimes I would love to work in one of these newspapers. Imagine being able to create the most ridiculous rumours, having lots of internet monkeys (us) discussing them and ultimately even getting somebody from the clubs denying them! :D

Guest Alan Shearer 9

If we get shevchencko I will eat my flatmate's shit. He is a 20 stone egomaniac from Derry and his diet consists of nothing but fast food

So you wouldn't be happy if we got Shevchenko?

Personally, I can take him or leave him Always considered him overrated. On a loan, might do, but his current form is pretty mediocre. His passing for Chelsea this season has been very hit-or-miss and his finishing has been the same. I'd rather build up partnerships between our own players than help Chelsea's star signing find his shooting boots so that he can return to Chelsea and justify his signing fee.

He will be better for us than he is for chelsea, simple becasue the way we play will suit him more. At cheslea he is having to create chances (chelsea play with no wingers) where we throw balls into the box (even without anyone there) which he loves to feed on. I love shevchenko, he's class, brilliant finisher.

don't think we can get a better loanee til Owen returns.

Probably true, though I doubt there's much chance of him coming here, either.

Would still rather we build up our own squad rather than help Chelsea improve theirs. Even IF Owen returns at full strength, which is in no way certain at this point, our real striking options are just him and Martins, plus Shola, assuming he can recover and assuming that he's not crap to begin with. Rossi's gone in Jan, and probably Luque with him, Dyer and Sibbers are both really midfielders who can play as striker in a pinch... Would rather bring in another striker permanently than take a loan.

I think if Chelsea were to loan him out to another premiership club, the obvious choice would be us and they know it. We're in desperate need for a striker and we're no direct threat to their trophy chances, And he's also more or less going to start our games for sure.

But the million dollar question is: CAN WE AFFORD HIS WAGES?!?!? Last I checked, he's on 130k a week! :o

I think if Chelsea were to loan him out to another premiership club, the obvious choice would be us and they know it. We're in desperate need for a striker and we're no direct threat to their trophy chances, And he's also more or less going to start our games for sure.

But the million dollar question is: CAN WE AFFORD HIS WAGES?!?!? Last I checked, he's on 130k a week! :o

its chelsea we're talking about here, reckon if they want him loaned out, they could probably afford to pay some of his wages

Assuming this isnt bollocks, if the sole aim for Chelsea is to get him adjusted to the Premiership at another club that poses no threat to them, why wouldnt they send him across the road to someone like Fulham or Charlton?

From Shevchenko's point of view, it would surely be easier for him too. We're bigger than those clubs, yes, but we're at the foot of the table and at the other end of the country - not much benefit for him for such a short period of time.

it will be a good deal

to have a good striker on our team,and to help chelsea get rid of a signing gone wrong,we will benefit from both ways,having good relationships wich the richest team in england,and getting a player who,if turning it on here are newcastle,will be looking for fun,i think he suits our style more then other players..

but that came up to my mind about a week ago,exactly the "sheva to newcsatle 5 month loan" thought,so i think this is just paper talk

Wierd thing is i wouldnt be suprised if it happend, He hasnt been any good at Chelsea and he does need to adapt but wasnt 1 of the reasons he gave for moving was because his wife wanted to live in London? Chelsea are in the position where they cant afford to carry a player because Manu are having a great season.

NOTW are known to make shit up so i personally dont believe it.

Guest magpies_rawk

Playing for us would be bad enough, but do you really think Andriy Shevchenko is going to play for Fulham or Charlton? :lol:

and u reckon he'd play for us? ;)

Guest Ridzuan

To me,I hope this news is true,but I doubt so.Even if its true,it could end up being the next Rossi.Just a waste of resource at the club.