Newcastle United 4 - 2 Southampton - 24/02/13 - post-match reaction from page 40

Dave

Genuinely cannot believe how badly we have started this.  I'm in a state of shock.

Why, oh why, are we, the home team, sat back along our 18 yard line from the off? 

:pardsgrin:

Its f***ing 5 minute sin man, they had one shot on target and scored.

That's the thing, we started like we always do with caution, reminds me of when he admitted he did it against Sprus and we lost 5-0. You can't sit back andwait for the game to come to you ffs.

Let the game settle down first man.

Is it Pardew who is writing? That's exactly the criticism. Why let them settle into the game before you when you're the home team ffs?

Genuinely cannot believe how badly we have started this.  I'm in a state of shock.

Why, oh why, are we, the home team, sat back along our 18 yard line from the off? 

:pardsgrin:

Its f***ing 5 minute sin man, they had one shot on target and scored.

That's the thing, we started like we always do with caution, reminds me of when he admitted he did it against Sprus and we lost 5-0. You can't sit back andwait for the game to come to you ffs.

Let the game settle down first man.

Is it Pardew who is writing? That's exactly the criticism. Why let them settle into the game before you when you're the home team ffs?

3 fucking minutes man  :lol:

Guest palnese

They're in full control of the game. Pardew have to change this sharpish.

:yao:

Aye let's make all of our subs. :lol:

Not what I meant though.

Need to slow the tempo of the game down. Get Southampton to run themselves out a bit more.

We can never ever slow games down, we're incapable of it somehow

Yes, I was going to say that this is the thing we are worst at, after my post :lol:

We're worse when we're in the lead. We're okay when on level-pegging/behind. Southampton's gameplan isn't complex. They're expending a lot of energy here. We need to keep in this for a bit, then hit them.