Rafa Benitez

Big Geordie

Great post-match rant from Benitez after the Boro game. Had a go at the Chelsea fans for their continued protest and also had a dig at the russian for calling him an 'interim manager'. Could Chelsea be looking for a new manager tomorrow?

For what it's worth, I think they are a detestable club, has some rotten characters playing for them (Terry and Cole) an owner who just pleases himself and a fan-base who honestly give bastards a bad name. Chelsea are becoming a poisoned chalice - what self-respecting manager would go and do a job there?

Henry Winter ‏@henrywinter

Benitez fuming in press conference here: "These Chelsea fans have an agenda. These Chelsea fans are damaging the image of the club' #cfc

Benitez: "I'm experienced. I've won the Champions League, the Spanish league twice, the FA Cup. They (fans) are a group with an agenda''

Benitez says #cfc fans 'must get behind the team or they will be in the Europa League next season'

Benitez: "Why put 'interim' in title? Why did they need to do that? Maybe they (board) thought: 'He was at Liverpool so we put 'interim' in'

"Chelsea gave me the title of interim manager which is a massive mistake. I'm the manager.

"The fans are not helping us. At the end of the season I will leave. They don't have to worry about me."

He added: "I am a little bit disappointed with some of the fans. They have to support the team instead of wasting time singing songs.

"If they continue singing and talking, they are not doing [the team] any favours. I will do my best until the last day.

"I am a professional and I am doing my job. What I want to do is win every single game for Chelsea."