Swansea 1 - 0 Newcastle United - 02/03/13 - post-match reaction from page 38

Dave

I want to like them but their crowd and players milking fouls have literally made me put them in the don't give a fuck category.

I'm all about applauding their style of play but annoys me to no end when commentators are basking in it like its some Barca shit.

At least we have got in level. Need Tiote off and Anita on, IMO.

Yeah, his distribution is way too slow and he's getting caught. Trouble is, as you'd expect in that anchor role, he's seeing quite a lot of the ball.

The ball isn't sticking with Cisse. Familiar problem, but still a frustrating one.

Still, we're creating chances.

Without reading the thread my opinions:

Davies should have been booked, was worse than Cabaye's

The co-commentator is awful.

Was never a pen against Debuchy

Agree with all three, plus I don't think we've been as bad as most on here think bar the 10-15 minute spell early on.

Is it Gary Birtles?

No it's Brian Little.

Is it Gary Birtles?

Brian Little I think, i think he is a Newcastle fan doing his best to be unbiased :)

Not a bad first half but I'm glad we've got to HT still level. Debuchy with some good runs and dribbles but just lacking the final ball, same on the left come to think about it. Set balls are hopeless. Swansea were allowed to dictate the final 10 minutes through nothing more than sloppy challenges and soft fouls. Keep our heads and we will get a goal/lucky, if only I could be so confident about our defence. But so far, not bad.

I'd have taken a draw before the game and will be happy with that after the match too.

No excuse for us just standing there and allowing them to play earlier on though. You know what Swansea's game is so why would we just stand off them instead of pressing them?