Swansea 1 - 0 Newcastle United - 02/03/13 - post-match reaction from page 38

Dave

Also stop talking about f*cking Laudrup, Pardew is our manager not Laudrup not like Laudrup put a tactical masterpiece on he just got lucky.

F*ck off, sick of this s*** not supporting the manager and wishing for the other teams manager after every single game we lose.

With a manager like Laudrup we could easily do this...

Krul

Debuchy Taylor Colo Santon

Anita

Cabaye Marveaux

Ben Arfa Cisse New FWD

But under Pardew we would probably look clueless and get run over, we can buy as many quality players as we like but as long as Pardew is here we won't go anywhere.

:lol:

Yikes.

Also stop talking about f*cking Laudrup, Pardew is our manager not Laudrup not like Laudrup put a tactical masterpiece on he just got lucky.

F*ck off, sick of this s*** not supporting the manager and wishing for the other teams manager after every single game we lose.

With a manager like Laudrup we could easily do this...

Krul

Debuchy Taylor Colo Santon

Anita

Cabaye Marveaux

Ben Arfa Cisse New FWD

But under Pardew we would probably look clueless and get run over, we can buy as many quality players as we like but as long as Pardew is here we won't go anywhere.

There is a big difference between discussing new managers at the time when everyone was discussing it as part of the Pardew debate.....

And wanking over the oppositions manager every time we lose a f*cking game, well done for trying to be clever though.

People say they got lucky.

Like they got lucky because we cant defend for toffees.

They were lucky because it was just a hopeful cross into the penalty box that this time the our defenders got mixed trying to clear the ball. I think lack of experience playing together being a new centre back and a goalie.

They were absolutely lucky as we had 3 chances of our own that could have sealed the match for us.

As far as I could see, Laudrup had ran out of ideas and just sat there stony faced. His team were going to scrape a draw then they fluke a winner. Pardew if anything won the battle of the managers.

And yet his sub & the subsequent moving of Michu back in to midfield changed ended up changing the game in their favour and allowed them to see out the win.

Not that I think Pardew did owt wrong today, maybe could have made changes but we were in the ascendency so that would be reactionary/hindsight loaded guff from me.

Nah, good points mate. I take what your saying about Michu but it all happened in minutes. The goal knocked the stuffing out of us tbf. Any way anyone wants to look at it, they got lucky.

If only we had HBA for a little 10-15 min cameo we would have won that. Actually f*** that if Pardew had just gone for it with 10-15 to go we would have won that. So bored of his negative mentality.

I don't see how Pardew was negative. Their goal came against the run of play. We battered them the 2nd half and we were unlucky not to score few goals ourselves. They just got lucky against our not so stable defence.

We were bossing it but still hadn't scored and time was running out. So you bring on a Marveaux/Shola for Jonas/Tiote while your on top to try and unlock the door and get the goal.

When we cant hit a barn door, throwing away chances and cant defend,  that is not called being unlucky.

It deflected about 3 times ffs :lol: anyway all this aside how does Swansea winning the game down to a huge slice of luck equate to Laudrup tactically outclassing Pardew?

We all know Pardew is inferior but Laudrup being a superior manager had f*ck all to do with today's result and there is no need for it.

Irritating result that.

Can take a great deal of heart in the second half performance - in the final 2/3 of the pitch anyway.

I do think the lack of Colo and Krul made communication a serious issue in the back, many short backpasses, many strange decisions.  Unfortunately both our fullbacks struggled to defend and while i thought Yanga-Mbiwa showed some class moments on the ball, he - like Colo when he first arrived - had moments of bother and diminished concentration.  He will learn.

Elliot 6

Debuchy 5

Taylor 7

MYM 5

Santon 5

Cabaye 6

Tiote 6.5

Jonas 4

Sissoko 8.5 - MOTM, thought he showed some enormously skillful touches, passes, and moves - he is already our most influential player by a distance

Cisse 6

Gouffran 6

Nowt wrong with the tactics, unusually for us we got better in the second half. 

Elliot 6

Debuchy 7.5

Taylor 7.5

MYM 7

Santon 6.5

Cabaye 7

Tiote 6.5

Sissoko 8

Jonas 6

Gouffran 7

Cisse 6.5

What?

What don't you agree with?

Just about every rating on there's 1 mark too high.

Irritating result that.

Can take a great deal of heart in the second half performance - in the final 2/3 of the pitch anyway.

I do think the lack of Colo and Krul made communication a serious issue in the back, many short backpasses, many strange decisions.  Unfortunately both our fullbacks struggled to defend and while i thought Yanga-Mbiwa showed some class moments on the ball, he - like Colo when he first arrived - had moments of bother and diminished concentration.  He will learn.

Elliot 6

Debuchy 5

Taylor 7

MYM 5

Santon 5

Cabaye 6

Tiote 6.5

Jonas 4

Sissoko 8.5 - MOTM, thought he showed some enormously skillful touches, passes, and moves - he is already our most influential player by a distance

Cisse 6

Gouffran 6

4 for Jonas is very harsh. Won't argue about the rest.

When we cant hit a barn door, throwing away chances and cant defend,  that is not called being unlucky.

Thing is, we did hit the barn door a few times but their keeper made a couple of decent saves. Thinking Cabaye and more specifically Sissoko. But yes, Cisse and Gouffran should have hit the target.

Was a bit like many of the away games under Roeder's permanent spell. Play really well for a patch and pass up several opportunities, then go and concede. Annoying.

Really need to beat Stoke next week or the away game with Wigan could be very important indeed. Then it's City away...

It's a kick in the nuts no doubt, just have to move on from it though........somehow :lol: Think a run in the morning might clear the anger a bit.

Unless Cisse is rifling in a 30 yard volley, he just doesn't offer enough for me at the moment. Just can't envisage him scoring a "normal" goal. Our corners are an absolute shambles too.

We did enough to atleast get a point today and some of our play second half was excellent. Have to take that type of play into the Stoke game. Should never concede at that point in the game though, have to learn to see games out like this. It's one thing missing chances and it's another not being able to see a game out in the last 10 mins.

Stoke are woeful at the moment, have to put them away.

Irritating result that.

Elliot 6

Debuchy 5

Taylor 7

MYM 5

Santon 5

Cabaye 6

Tiote 6.5

Jonas 4

Cisse 6

Gouffran 6

Debuchy 5? Bit harsh like. Was very good going forward.

Guest GeordieAce

Worst and most unjust laughable result since....Swansea at home actually.

Amazed this lot get so much admiration. They've been hugely lucky every time Ive seen them not just this match.

Aye this. This 'football philosophy' shite that gets banded about is a joke. We pressed them well in the second half and they resorted to kicking it up field. The worst of it is, you get the feeling they are starting to believe in their own hyperbole as if their the Premier League's answer to Barcelona FFS. No denying they have done well this season and credit to them for that, but their fans whinging for everyone decision, players screaming, songs being played when they score and Ashley Williams little hissy fit just shows you how small time they actually are.

So you are not forgetting Cabaye's shot that got deflected into the cross bar and Sissoko's shot that their keeper finger saved it. I agree that Cisse and Gouffran should have hit the target but 2nd half they were very lucky to even get a draw let a lone win it.

There is a big difference between discussing new managers at the time when everyone was discussing it as part of the Pardew debate.....

And wanking over the oppositions manager every time we lose a f*cking game, well done for trying to be clever though.

This isn't something that frequently happens, though. Laudrup, as demonstrated by your post, has always been a popular choice to succeed Pardew should he be sacked. It was only logical that some people, after playing his team, might reaffirm their desire for him to be our manager.

Irritating result that.

Elliot 6

Debuchy 5

Taylor 7

MYM 5

Santon 5

Cabaye 6

Tiote 6.5

Jonas 4

Cisse 6

Gouffran 6

Didn't think he offered anything at all, was sluggish and stifled our attack without providing as much in the way of slowing the opposition. Perhaps 4 is harsh but it bothered me today.

Debuchy 5? Bit harsh like. Was very good going forward.

Poor at the back, totally skinned by Routledge for the goal. For sure good going forward, as was Santon, but I'm trying to take the totality of the performance into account.

Guest neesy111

Unjust result.  Laughable have people forgot about reading away, Everton away and west brom at home?

We needed Benny on the bench today, he would have been the difference.  We we unlucky to get nothing from the game but at times we lacked a little decisiveness when it mattered.

Gouf was. Probably the worst culprit for that today

Hard to rate the players today as Elliot, Debuchy, Santon, MYM and in particular Taylor all played well to an extent but all contributed in a negative manner towards their winner which is ultimately what it's all about. Tiote and Cabaye were brilliant second half I thought yet the former was poor in the first and Cabaye's set pieces continued to be dire throughout the game and both were needlessly booked. Sissoko grew into it as the game became more open but again in the first didn't offer that much IMO. Thought Cisse was poor throughout tbh which culminated in his chance being blazed over when he had to work the keeper.

Probably give Taylor MOM if I was pushed but it wasn't anywhere near a perfect performance.