Swansea 1 - 0 Newcastle United - 02/03/13 - post-match reaction from page 38

Dave

It's not cool to say it but I think Laudrup would struggle managing a bigger club. All this stuff about him being laid back and having no disciplinary system would inevtiably come back to bite him in the arse when dealing with more egotistical players.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Dave: 7 - Tried to keep things balanced across the board.

Yorkie - 6 Quiet at times with a few adventurous posts that questioned the opposition. His post-match ratings were to be expected.

Disco - 6 Solid defending of Jonas

Pip - 1 A no show right until the end. Forgettable.

Ameritoon - 5 adjusting to football well, slowly learning to not force the use of English phrases (but at the same time not forcing American phrases on to us) in his posts.

Mike - 4 Slow posting from the old man today.

Mike Jr. - 2 Reckless posting. However his 'on frame' comment saved him from a 1.

Oakie Dokie - 6 Solid under the radar posting from him. This is his trademark. Very understated.

David28 - 5 The Stigma of Real Madrid haunts his every post.

Ronaldo - 2 Late appearance. Offered little. Argued a lot.

Womblemaster - 10 Man of the Thread. Great probing question into Ben Arfa's whereabouts.

Cisse is still a worry for me. Yes he might score the odd spectacular every now and then but I rather see him score the easy ones more frequently than the goal of the season once a year.

Elliot 6

Debuchy 7.5

Taylor 7.5

MYM 7

Santon 6.5

Cabaye 7

Tiote 6.5

Sissoko 8

Jonas 6

Gouffran 7

Cisse 6.5

What?

What don't you agree with?

Just about every rating on there's 1 mark too high.

We lost a shit goal but had a very good second half. Honestly, it was our most complete half of the season. If we play like that for the rest of the season, we'll win 8 of our last ten matches.

Yorkie - 6 Quiet at times with a few adventurous posts that questioned the opposition. His post-match ratings were to be expected.

Disco - 6 Sold defending of Jonas

Ameritoon - 5 adjusting to football well, slowly learning to not force the use of English phrases (but at the same time not forcing American phrases on to us) in his posts.

Mike Jr. - 2 Reckless posting. However his 'on frame' comment saved him from a 1.

Oakie Dokie - 6 Solid under the radar posting from him. This is his trademark. Very understated.

Womblemaster - 10 Man of the Thread. Great probing question into Ben Arfa's whereabouts.

:lol: Alright.

I shoot from the hip.

There is a big difference between discussing new managers at the time when everyone was discussing it as part of the Pardew debate.....

And wanking over the oppositions manager every time we lose a f*cking game, well done for trying to be clever though.

This isn't something that frequently happens, though. Laudrup, as demonstrated by your post, has always been a popular choice to succeed Pardew should he be sacked. It was only logical that some people, after playing his team, might reaffirm their desire for him to be our manager.

Wasn't just Laudrup though, nearly every time we lose a game this season i hear unnecessary hyperbole in regards to Pardew and the manager of the team we just faced.

There was a thread about Poyet ffs, i just find it very unnecessary.

Nee way were they were playing a 3-5-2 man

Don't even feel that angry, not sure why

Wish Le Gouff had buried that chance

same here. enjoyed our second half performance.

first loss in 5 - we are practically safe - decent results elswhere today.

the guy who said it had ruined his weekend must have missed the first half of this season.

off out tonight in a decent mood despite the loss.

I'll take that.

There is a big difference between discussing new managers at the time when everyone was discussing it as part of the Pardew debate.....

And wanking over the oppositions manager every time we lose a f*cking game, well done for trying to be clever though.

This isn't something that frequently happens, though. Laudrup, as demonstrated by your post, has always been a popular choice to succeed Pardew should he be sacked. It was only logical that some people, after playing his team, might reaffirm their desire for him to be our manager.

Wasn't just Laudrup though, nearly every time we lose a game this season i hear unnecessary hyperbole in regards to Pardew and the manager of the team we just faced.

There was a thread about Poyet ffs, i just find it very unnecessary.

Spot on, particularly considering there's literally no chance we will be replacing Pardew any time soon.

That loss hurt. On the balance of play, we were the better side but unfortunately a combination of poor finishing and poor defending on our part has really cost us today. Swansea are jammy bastards (and diving cunts it seems) - lost quite a bit of respect for them like.

Oh and I would have certainly brought Marveaux on much earlier than the fucking 90th minute though. Whilst we were dominating possession and had some great spells of pressure, some fresh legs in the form of Sylvain on the 70th minute wouldn't have gone amiss - would have been a sensible option.

Need to try and just take the positives from this game, despite it being a completely undeserved loss. Football eh?

Guest Brazilianbob

Don't know what cisse played like but it seems he keeps missing easy chances which are in turn costing us points.  Time to bench him I think.  He is living on last season's form.

Don't know what cisse played like but it seems he keeps missing easy chances which are in turn costing us points.  Time to bench him I think.  He is living on last season's form.

And play who in his place?

Bench him behind who? Gouffran who missed a much easier chance?

Bench him behind who? Gouffran who missed a much easier chance?

Not to mention our wide options are abysmal enough but put one of our best wide players upfront and bench Cisse for Obertan  :lol:

Cisse missed 1 chance on his left foot.

That chip when Sissoko was busting a gut to get round the outside of Williams was exactly good mind. Know what you're saying though.

:anguish: Not this again. One chance on his weaker foot ffs. We're creating next to nothing for him each match. Gouffran's chance was a lot easier.

We have nobody to replace him at the moment, certainly not Shola. Trouble is we are playing far to back into our own half that means Cisse has to come back to further up into our half.

Cisse had one chance all game :lol: We're lacking someone in the final third who can provide for our goalscorers. Hatem will fill that void when he gets back but it really shows where we need to strengthen in the summer. You could say Marveaux is that man but I think we'd have struggled with him playing wide today, especially in that first period, it just doesn't suit him and he doesn't work hard enough.