Best corner kick taker?

bulivye

I will probably get a load of shit for this but Robert could put in the best corner you have ever seen then put in some horrific ones in between/try to score, so for all we remember the great aspects of his game we forget that he did often put in some shocking deliveries.

Tell you who was quite similar in that respect although of course not in the same class as Robert but Geremi. Around that time he could put in a world class ball then the next 10 of his were shocking.

I will probably get a load of s*** for this but Robert could put in the best corner you have ever seen then put in some horrific ones in between/try to score, so for all we remember the great aspects of his game we forget that he did often put in some shocking deliveries.

Tell you who was quite similar in that respect although of course not in the same class as Robert but Geremi. Around that time he could put in a world class ball then the next 10 of his were shocking.

I keep forgetting Geremi actually played for us. So painful to watch. :lol:

I will probably get a load of shit for this but Robert could put in the best corner you have ever seen then put in some horrific ones in between/try to score, so for all we remember the great aspects of his game we forget that he did often put in some shocking deliveries.

You knew that with Robert though, if it beat the first man it would likely result in a goal/chance. Taking a whipped/fast corner is always going to do that. Those two identikit goals v PSV in the UEFA will live long in the memory though.

I will probably get a load of s*** for this but Robert could put in the best corner you have ever seen then put in some horrific ones in between/try to score, so for all we remember the great aspects of his game we forget that he did often put in some shocking deliveries.

I keep forgetting Geremi actually played for us. So painful to watch. :lol:

He doesn't get enough credit for his role in our resurgence under Keegan.

Jonas has put in a few decent ones. Got goals from them v.s Chelsea (in the cup) and Wolves away last season.

Just let Ben Arfa shoot from them like he does in training  :aww:

Overall though has to be Nobby in recent times.

We scored some headed goals when Barton was taking them. Can't remember how many goals came directly from corners, though.

There were/are some that come to my mind so much better than Cabaye: Barton, Ryan Taylor, Emre, Geremi and of course Soland and Robert.