Anzhi Makhachkala vs NUFC - 07/03/2013 @ 5pm Live on ITV4

joeyt

I'm a little surprised at how much stick Pardew already seems to be getting for (possibly) not playing Ben Arfa. A long journey, a game on AstroTurf in -14C, then a long journey back? Sounds like the perfect first game after a hamstring injury.

I'm a little surprised at how much stick Pardew already seems to be getting for (possibly) not playing Ben Arfa. A long journey, a game on AstroTurf in -14C, then a long journey back? Sounds like the perfect first game after a hamstring injury.

HBA shouldn't be anywhere near the pitch on thursday for all of the reasons you give.

Aye, it's ridiculous :lol: Especially as it seems like he'll get a few minutes on the pitch.

Is it for sure this is on ITV? I was just looking at the guide and it shows that they showing the Tottenham, Inter game.

Edit my mistake looked at the wrong channel.

ITV4.

Only Toon's Taylor is pushing that pointless argument really, so I wouldn't worry.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11678/8542085/?utm_source=twitterfeed_Newcastle&utm_medium=facebook

Alan Pardew ready to put Europa League at top of Newcastle's priorities

Alan Pardew says winning the Europa League is "top of the agenda" now Newcastle are down to the last-16 stage.

Pardew has rested some of his bigger names throughout the competition but knows Thursday's first leg agaisnt Anzhi Makhachkala represents a real step up in class.

And despite a cushion of just six points on the Premier League's bottom three, the manager has hinted he is ready to reassess his priorities.

He said: "It would be massive if we could beat this team because they are a really strong side.

"It's really now down to where every team left in that Europa League now is focusing on it probably as their primary objective.

"I can't think of too many clubs in it for whom it's not at the top of their agenda, so there's now a real focus on that competition."

Key to Newcastle's hopes, according to Pardew, will be fit-again Yohan Cabaye and Steven Taylor along with January arrival Moussa Sissoko.

Pardew said: "Cabaye has been the most influential player we have had on return, closely followed by Steven and Moussa. Those three really have lifted the club massively."

our league position is still pretty precarious tbh but this next game will be a huge test of what we can actually do in europe......just wish it wasn't on at 5pm, gutted I'm missing most of it..

We have an office in Moscow just been talking to someone who works there,  apparently the current weather is frosty and -7 although really sunny, however Thursday is meant to be the warmest day of the week!  No idea what the evening/nighttime temperatures are though.

our league position is still pretty precarious tbh but this next game will be a huge test of what we can actually do in europe......just wish it wasn't on at 5pm, gutted I'm missing most of it..

if you have sky,  can you not watch it on itv4 plus 1.  that is my plan,  i should get home from work at half 5,  rather than watching the rest of the game i am just putting that on and just watch the full game without knowing the latest score.

if you have sky,  can you not watch it on itv4 plus 1.  that is my plan,  i should get home from work at half 5,  rather than watching the rest of the game i am just putting that on and just watch the full game without knowing the latest score.

ErMahGerd a genius.  :notbad:

ErMahGerd a genius.  :notbad:

but that means not knowing whats happening as soon as possible. i can do it for world cup games etc but not for us. hell man, I even have the radio on when  watching a stream delayed by a minute. true story.