Anzhi Makhachkala vs NUFC - 07/03/2013 @ 5pm Live on ITV4

joeyt

There'll be more than 50. I know of 5 people (inc. me) going.

Sold 65 tickets

How you getting there and when? £580 for flights, visa and digs! A magic PR move would be for the club to reimburse the visa fees for those going.......,,even if 100 go then that's only £20,000

HATEM BEN ARFA is in with a genuine chance of facing Anzhi Makhachkala on Thursday night.

Ben Arfa will celebrate his birthday in Moscow and is hoping his 26th will be a memorable occasion.

The Frenchman worked hard over the weekend to boost his fitness while Newcastle took on Swansea and, after getting through training again yesterday, is in with a shout of facing the team from Dagestan.

The game will take place in Moscow’s Luzhniki Stadium on the plastic surface – with United training on the 4G pitch at Gosforth Rugby Club this week.

But while the stadium boasts a 78,000 capacity, a crowd of just 12,000 is expected.

Ben Arfa was close to playing against Swansea but was instead told to focus on Anzhi and is in line to make his first appearance of 2013.

Alan Pardew told the Chronicle: “I think he has got a chance. We wanted to put some work into him. He’s a little bit short, so whether he gets 20 or 30 minutes towards the end of that game, I don’t know.

“That’s probably the most he could get.

“We’ll see how he shapes up. He worked all weekend – hopefully, we’ll get him even closer.”

United are the underdogs to get through to the last eight and not fancied by the bookmakers for the second round running.

But Pardew is expected to field Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa, Cheick Tiote, Yohan Cabaye and Papiss Cisse in Moscow.

He said: “We want to win the game, so I’ll play the strongest team I can.

“It’s a different surface, and it’s going to favour some of our technical players. It’ll be a very technical team that I put out.”

Read More (or the same online) http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2013/03/05/birthday-boy-hatem-ben-arfa-set-to-play-in-russia-72703-32924964/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter#ixzz2MexAj3Cf

“It’s a different surface, and it’s going to favour some of our technical players. It’ll be a very technical team that I put out.”

Good to hear Williamson will get a chance.

Hba could play = doesn't make the bench.

Canny sick of this now.

At the risk of stating the obvious, could play means might play or might not.

He needs to get match fit while Pardew won't play him in matches.

Canny sick of this now.

Sorry, I forgot you had detailed knowledge of his condition and training needs.

Canny sick of this now.

Sorry, I forgot you had detailed knowledge of his condition and training needs.

Your hero pards has said as much, 2 games ago, one which we lost because we didnt have enough in attack. 

More "wait and see" nonsense from Ian W?!  :iamatwat:

There'll be more than 50. I know of 5 people (inc. me) going.

Sold 65 tickets

How you getting there and when? £580 for flights, visa and digs! A magic PR move would be for the club to reimburse the visa fees for those going.......,,even if 100 go then that's only £20,000

Getting there on Thursday morning and getting back on Saturday. Probably going to cost a grand all together which is mental for 1 game. As you say, I wouldn't mind that Visa money back as it would be fantastic PR and would help me get to Man City "for free".

That pitch type is exactly the same as what I play on every friday night.

One thing I always notice is when it's been raining it's a fucking nightmare. Gives the ball so much pace that even the softest pass travels at 100mph.

Not sure if that would work in our favour or not. Also when it's frozen it's like playing on concrete.

István Vad is the ref, he was the goal-line official that missed the Ukraine goal v England in the Euro's. 11y 1r in 3 games in the EL this season.

Surely he can't be worse than the Norweigan retards in charge of the Metalist game at SJP.

Are people still of the opinion Pardew isn't even putting HBA on the bench for the sake of it? :lol:

Things change, we thought he was ready last time and look how that turned out. Since Pardew's comments maybe something has happened that's concerned him or the medical staff? I don't see this apparent reason he is just leaving him out. He has mentioned numerous times how much he rates him and his importance.