Thief (4) - PC/PS4/One

Willow

http://i.imgur.com/hL4n8yV.png

UI elements and difficulty settings will be completely customisable!

Coverage Video:

http://www.thiefgame.com

Originally Posted by GameInformer:

Eidos Montreal has been working for years to reboot the classic stealth series Thief, and the fruits of its labor will finally be revealed in issue 240 of Game Informer Magazine.

Our April cover story is a world-exclusive look at this next-generation stealth title. Series hero Garrett returns to the Gothic, industrial metropolis known simply as the City to steal any and everything that will make him richer. Unfortunately, the City is broiling with social tension as it is ravaged by a plague and lorded over by a political tyrant known as the Baron. In order to survive his adventures, Garrett will have to pay attention to his environment and make use of the may possible paths through each of the game's levels.

Square Enix plans to release Thief for PS4, PC, and other next-gen platforms sometime in 2014. Check out our coverage trailer for a taste of all the content you can look forward to absorbing over the next month.

Please wait...

Also in the issue, we take a look at Sony's PlayStation 4 as well as Bungie's follow up to Halo, a new sci-fi series called Destiny. We also research the harsh realities of mobile development and learn about the challenges small teams face when making a game. Ubisoft let us check out its new pirate game, Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag. We poke fun at the entire industry with our annual Game Infarcer feature, and then take an exclusive look at Trion Worlds and Syfy's MMO/TV show experiment Defiance. It's a lot of content, but don't forget to check out our classic feature on Pitfall, or our previews of The Last of Us, Remember Me, and Grid 2. It's a meaty issue; you're welcome.

Print subscribers should start seeing their April issues in the next two weeks. If you can't wait that long, you can subscribe to our digital issue – which can be accessed by subscribers via your web browser, iPad, or Android devices around 2 p.m. Central Time. Check our Twitter feed to find out the moment the digital edition of our April book goes live.

If you aren't yet a digital subscriber, you can convert your print subscription here or start a new subscription here. You can also purchase individual issues or subscribe via the appropriate apps. If you prefer a physical copy of the magazine, contact [email protected]

Click the banner below to go to our Thief hub, where you'll find additional exclusive content throughout the month.

Source: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/03/05/april-cover-revealed-thief.aspx

UNVEILED FOR PC AND NEXT GENERATION CONSOLES BY EIDOS-MONTRÉAL

Critically-Acclaimed Studio Returns with a New Vision

LONDON (5th March 2013) – Eidos-Montréal®, a part of Square Enix Europe and the award winning studio behind the critically acclaimed Deus Ex: Human Revolution®, today unveiled THIEF™ for PC, PlayStation®4, and other next generation consoles. THIEF is a reinvention of a franchise that helped define an entire genre of games.

Time has moved on. Power has shifted. New greed replaces the old.

But to remain free in The City of chains – that is still the greatest prize.

First I stole to survive… then I survived to steal.

I am one man; I hear your secrets, see your hidden truths.

I am the shadows, the dark and deadly, the velvet night. You will not see me coming.

I am Garrett….What’s yours is mine.

There is a rising tide of fear in The City. Hatred saturates every stone and whilst the rich prosper, the less fortunate face misery and repression. Ravaged with sickness and famine, they wait for something to change.

Into this shadowy world steps Garrett, THE master thief in a first-person adventure featuring intelligent design that allows players to take full control, with freedom to choose their path through the game’s levels and how they approach and overcome each challenge.

"We’re handling a precious gemstone with THIEF. Fans remember the original games very fondly and we want to preserve that essence - which we have excellent experience of doing at Eidos-Montréal - whilst also introducing THIEF to a brand new, next-generation, audience,” said Stephane D’Astous, General Manager, Eidos-Montréal. “Our goal is to deliver the fantasy of being Garrett, THE master thief, and we’re building this game around that core experience.”

Exclusive coverage and developer interviews can be found in Game Informer’s April issue. Additionally, visit GameInformer.com/thief throughout the month for on-going coverage.

THIEF will be available in 2014 for PC and PlayStation®4. It is also planned for other next-generation consoles.

Guest Open_C

Long as the guards still call people "taffers", I'm in :)  Still looking for a stealth game that I really love, I hope this is it because the original Thief was the closest the genre has come for me :lol:

Long as the guards still call people "taffers", I'm in :)  Still looking for a stealth game that I really love, I hope this is it because the original Thief was the closest the genre has come for me :lol:

Agreed. Thief blew my mind when it came out, I was obsessed with it for a while and I can say it's probably the creepiest game I've played alongside Amnesia. It just oozed atmosphere and class.

The whole taffer and olde english language and humour just added so much. Games like this don't need cutting edge graphics, just include great lighting, excellent sound and a lot of character and it'll be spot on.

That's a lot of... stuff. Where this generation really showed advancement in light and lumpy walls, I think the next gen is really going to excel at clutter.

I think detail, lighting and physics will be the key huge improvements we'll see. All of these things would be absolutely perfect for Thief.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ethangl

I assume I can run this.

Yeah, you might just scrape it. :lol:

http://image.gamespotcdn.net/gamespot/images/screenshots/6/71536/thief_screen006.jpg

:lol: Can your laptop draw boxes, Mike?

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

A lot of young'uns will think that, agreed, but obviously thief came before all of the AC/Dishonoured games. I've just always loved the non-combat side to it, especially using the water arrows to make areas darker.