Anzhi 0 - 0 Newcastle United - 07/03/13 - post-match reaction from page 37

Disco

To think Pardew got rid of Routledge to bring in Obertan.

Should be sacked for that alone.

Disgraceful bit of business, like.

Wow, never thought of it like that. I guess Pards was told by Uncle Alec that Obertan was mint.

At the time, or in retrospect? Was Routledge ever as good for us as he has been for Swansea?

At the time, or in retrospect? Was Routledge ever as good for us as he has been for Swansea?

I was always a fan.

Happy enough so far, shite game of football though. Better second half from Marv, Obertan or HBA and we might be able to steal an away goal. Nice to see us having some genuine pace at the back too for a change, think a Colo/Willo combo would have been left for dead a few times.

First time I can recall really paying attention to a game on a pitch like that - it almost looks like a different sport. You can tell the players look concerned with the way they go down when they make contact with the opposition, and there's pretty much no tackles going in. Don't think the pitch allows the best of accounts of the game to be given.

With regards to us, we've looked comfortable, Obertan has been shite, Marv and Anita have given the ball away cheaply in advanced positions a couple of times, but otherwise nothing to write home about. Be nice if we could nick a goal.

Our attack is non-existent as most would probably have expected given the formation.  We've kept good shape this half though, if only we could improve the passing going towards their third we'd be in with a great chance of a positive result.  We haven't even mustered a shot though so still can't say I'm hugely confident.