First ever Toon match you attended?

Dinho lad

1982 - Fulham at home, nufc score two in the last minute to win the game...SJP went f***ing mental, ill never forget that day.  Proper mental.

remember our old man hoying you in the air at the winner- in the west stand paddock.

My first game was a pre season friendly against benfica and the great Eusebio, the official opening of the east stand- remember being proper scared by the height. cant remember the year- round about 73ish.  Supermac once told me Eusabio was simply untouchable in the game.

I have faint memories of being taken to Joker park in the 70s as a kid- but my first proper away trip with mates and that was Carlisle nyd '84  3-1 loss on the way to promotion.

:aww:

except that friendly was 1971, i don;t think the east stand was built till 72/73.

aye- so ive read- think my old man must have been mistaken when he said they were opening the new stand- still rekons he took me to thwet friendly. :dontknow:

did you see in the earlier thread, i have the prog from that friendly.

I read that earlier- i had also seen the prog on ebay- also had an email from supermac about the game- he rekons it was his first run out for us ,and Eusabio was unplayable- he also told me the east stand wasnt there. :lol:

I need to find out what pre season friendly it was opened.

Says here it was partially opened in 1973. First home pre-season friendly after that was 1979 :lol:

You can have Ollie Burton's testimonial v mackems in May 1973 if you like. Or Tony Green's testimonial v smoggies in May 1974 - I was big enough to go by myself by then, so I was actually in the East Stand for that one. Bobby Charlton played for us! Or Internacional from Brazil in March 1975 - they're a bit more exotic AND they play in red shirts and white shorts.

?

I can choose? :lol:

I always thought it opend in 74  tbh. Was deffo there when they opened the stand can remember it-being really scared of how high it felt and have very vivd memories of it being a brand new  place. I was 6 in 74.  but when I asked my dad the first game he took me to- he was adamant benfica friendly- so maybe he took me in the leazes- :undecided: he took me in there mostly in the 70s.

can also remember being taken to a match that wasnt sjp very young had to be roker or ayersome as we went in a car- not all day and the only memory I have is walking through terraced streets and a shed sort of stand from the outside.

1982 - Fulham at home, nufc score two in the last minute to win the game...SJP went f***ing mental, ill never forget that day.  Proper mental.

remember our old man hoying you in the air at the winner- in the west stand paddock.

My first game was a pre season friendly against benfica and the great Eusebio, the official opening of the east stand- remember being proper scared by the height. cant remember the year- round about 73ish.  Supermac once told me Eusabio was simply untouchable in the game.

I have faint memories of being taken to Joker park in the 70s as a kid- but my first proper away trip with mates and that was Carlisle nyd '84  3-1 loss on the way to promotion.

except that friendly was 1971, i don;t think the east stand was built till 72/73.

aye- so ive read- think my old man must have been mistaken when he said they were opening the new stand- still rekons he took me to thwet friendly. :dontknow:

Says here it was partially opened in 1973. First home pre-season friendly after that was 1979 :lol:

You can have Ollie Burton's testimonial v mackems in May 1973 if you like. Or Tony Green's testimonial v smoggies in May 1974 - I was big enough to go by myself by then, so I was actually in the East Stand for that one. Bobby Charlton played for us! Or Internacional from Brazil in March 1975 - they're a bit more exotic AND they play in red shirts and white shorts.

?

I always thought it opend in 74  tbh. Was deffo there when they opened the stand can remember it-being really scared of how high it felt and have very vivd memories of it being a brand new  place. I was 6 in 74.  but when I asked my dad the first game he took me to- he was adamant benfica friendly- so maybe he took me in the leazes- :undecided: he took me in there mostly in the 70s.

can also remember being taken to a match that wasnt sjp very young had to be roker or ayersome as we went in a car- not all day and the only memory I have is walking through terraced streets and a shed sort of stand from the outside.

But that means you would have been 3 when Benfica came :lol: Childcare was very different in those days, like.

?

But that means you would have been 3 when Benfica came :lol: Childcare was very different in those days, like.

there would be no surprise at my dad taking me to a match at 3 like :lol:  its something ive tried to find out about for years- even to the point of e-mailing supermac to ask him. i just assumed someone was mixed up about the dates. 

I can't remember who mine was against, it was mid to late 60's and my uncle took me for my birthday.  I do remember sitting on a floodlight in the Gallowgate and it pissed down so much that the die ran in my new jeans and my legs were blue for a good few days.

I can't remember who mine was against, it was mid to late 60's and my uncle took me for my birthday.  I do remember sitting on a floodlight in the Gallowgate and it pissed down so much that the die ran in my new jeans and my legs were blue for a good few days.

I know, it seemed like we used to get wet most of the time, but we knew that was gonna happen. We didn't deserve a roof at that time I guess. Never clambered up the floodlights though, no head for heights. Bet you got a better view though and didn't get shoved as much.

The good old days :yao:

Guest Phil K

v. Bury with my dad, and I was little and terrified.

Was brainwashed by my SISTER, Pat - into supporting NUFC

Never forgiven her..... ;)

I didn't get to my first game until 22nd of February 1998, I think.

My dad might've taken me well before that, but he's passed and nobody can recall if he had taken me before this game.

Anyway, I sat in the Milburn and watched Newcastle come from behind against Leeds finish 1-1. Ketsbaia scored I think.

If I remember correctly, it was Speedo's home debut. I've still got the program, Speeds on the front.

My first away was with a couple of lads off here. Villa away, we got beat, can't remember the score. Oba Martins' first game. He got a dead leg.

Guest pintofscottsellers

1997 Derby at home, We won 3-1 and Tino took the piss out of them, he was taking the corners and actually lobbing them into the box, great day.

I didn't get to my first game until 22nd of February 1998, I think.

My dad might've taken me well before that, but he's passed and nobody can recall if he had taken me before this game.

Anyway, I sat in the Milburn and watched Newcastle come from behind against Leeds finish 1-1. Ketsbaia scored I think.

If I remember correctly, it was Speedo's home debut. I've still got the program, Speeds on the front.

My first away was with a couple of lads off here. Villa away, we got beat, can't remember the score. Oba Martins' first game. He got a dead leg.

Yeah we lost 2-0 naway to Villa. August 2006 IIRC

Guest Brazilianbob

There's a lot of johnny come lately supporters on here.  I remember thinking back in the mid 70's that the law of averages would see us win something before I die.  I'm still waiting over 40 years later, but at least I saw us win the fairs cup!!!!

There's a lot of johnny come lately supporters on here.  I remember thinking back in the mid 70's that the law of averages would see us win something before I die.  I'm still waiting over 40 years later, but at least I saw us win the fairs cup!!!!

Apologies for being younger then you.

92ers Marra

I remember thinking back in the mid 70's that the law of averages would see us win something before I die.  I'm still waiting over 40 years later, but at least I saw us win the fairs cup!!!!

I share your concerns. It's a worry that dying is a more likely prospect than us winning another trophy. Maybe this year, eh?  ;)

Good day out mate, I remember the 21 or 28 Martins chant beginning that day, and the daft bloke doing Geordie Alouette in the Cap and Gown.

My first game was against Barnsley on Easter Monday in 1998, think it snowed at one point and Big Al got a late winner.  First away was Villa in Bobby's first season, 1-0 Ferguson.

First game was villa at home in 97. Beresford scored a cracker after batty got sent off. I grew up on the south coast so this game was a long time coming.

Went to the training ground and watched, spoke to John Barnes who had just signed. Scary times. Truly sad, if not understandable that they closed training off to the public. It was a big part of what made this club special to fans, especially those that couldn't afford tickets.

I read that earlier- i had also seen the prog on ebay- also had an email from supermac about the game- he rekons it was his first run out for us ,and Eusabio was unplayable- he also told me the east stand wasnt there. :lol:

The "New" Stand actually opened for an FA Cup tie against Luton Town in February 1973.

?

there would be no surprise at my dad taking me to a match at 3 like :lol:  its something ive tried to find out about for years- even to the point of e-mailing supermac to ask him. i just assumed someone was mixed up about the dates. 

My youngest went to her first game with me when she was 2 year old and there's a couple of people bring what are literally babes in arms to matches in Milburn Level 7 family enclosure now.

December 1996 Newcastle 2-0 Metz was the first when Tino hoisted his shirt on the corner flag. I think the next game I went to was the 1-2 defeat against Nottingham Forest in the January. Ian Woan man ruined it for me with two quick goals!

?

My youngest went to her first game with me when she was 2 year old and there's a couple of people bring what are literally babes in arms to matches in Milburn Level 7 family enclosure now.

aye- my 15yr old daughter changed her mind about going on thurs night, so i told my lass to get herself and our 20month old ready- but she was having none of it. :lol: