Newcastle 1 - 0 Anzhi - 14/03/13 (1 - 0 on agg) post-match reaction from page 36

Dave

Spurs vs Basel is gutting too. Spurs basically in the semis already.

Worth pointing out Spurs got stuffed last night? Nothing is a foregone conclusion at this stage.

They were without Bale though. He'll see them all the way to the trophy.

Only needs some Swiss nobody to make a name for himself by halfing him.

Must've been watching a different game then some on here. Although we were pretty toothless in attack , the other lot weren't much better.

We didn't play a team of mugs, these were quality fucking players we were playing against, with absolute quality in the dugout telling them what to do.

:thup:

Before the game there were a number of Pardew vs Hiddink  :yao: type comments but now we have gone through some seem to be downplaying Anzhi who as you say aren't mugs.

As ugly as it was at times we played it perfectly. We are through to the quarter of Europa and as far as the European campaign is concerned it's been great. Just look at the sides left in the competition, we've done ourselves proud.

I understand that they were good opposition and the result was great. The likes of Jonas coming on a regularly being stood between the two centre halves and Campbell played so so deep when they were a man down doesn't inspire me going forward. It may be negative but I dunno...be nice to have all the pieces of the puzzle all in place to try to win something to say the least.

I understand that they were good opposition and the result was great. The likes of Jonas coming on a regularly being stood between the two centre halves and Campbell played so so deep when they were a man down doesn't inspire me going forward. It may be negative but I dunno...be nice to have all the pieces of the puzzle all in place to try to win something to say the least.

First half was tame, we were all over them second half. Had 10% more possession, more shots and more shots on target. Yes we struggled with the final ball but we certainly weren't just sitting back hoping for a break.

Think they were aware that a late away goal was curtains too.

Guest Phil K

Hate to say it, but Chiek's got to be put on the bench. He's turned into (more of) a liability.

I'd put Perchy in. The lads not done much wrong, and deserves a chance. Or Anita.

First half was tame, we were all over them second half. Had 10% more possession, more shots and more shots on target. Yes we struggled with the final ball but we certainly weren't just sitting back hoping for a break.

:lol: Please try and keep your delusion at least slightly in check

I rated like this:

Elliot- 6 Didn't have a lot to do

Santon- 6 All fart, no shit. He has to learn to time his runs and cross at the right times.

Taylor- 9 One of the best performances i've seen in years.

Mbiwa-7 Good performance but two sloppy passes noted.

Haidara- 6 Looks a more balanced player than Santon but needs to keep his concentration.

Cabaye- 6 Very average before he went off.

Tiote- 6 Is much better but still too many sloppy passes and fouls.

Anita-6 Missing largely.

Marveaux- 8 Always our only chance of creating a goal yesterday.

Sissoko-6 Was poor first but much better in the second half, they dealt with him well.

Cisse-7 Hardly got the ball in the right area's but did his job in the end.

Jonas-8 Changed the game for us