Manchester City vs Newcastle United - 30/03/13 @ 3pm (not on TV)

bowlingcrofty

Newcastle United will be without Davide Santon and Cheick Tiote for their trip to Man City this weekend.

And Mathieu Debuchy is still not fit from the hamstring injury picked up at Wigan.

Tiote and Santon are out with muscle strains and will miss the clash at Eastlands.

Alan Pardew has also ruled out Massadio Haidara from the game with the injured left-back still recovering from a strong challenge from Callum McManaman.

But there was better news on the injury front with Tim Krul back in training and in with a chance of facing Benfica while Fabricio Coloccini could be two or three weeks away from a return from a back injury.

Pardew said: “We are missing both of our full-backs this weekend and that is a blow for us.

“Cheick has picked up a strain in training too.”

And after Roberto Martinez defended McManaman again today, Pardew said: “I was surprised by comments from their manager and chairman that they thought it was a fair challenge.

“I think everybody could see it wasn’t.

“He won’t play this weekend but fingers crossed he will play against Benfica.”

Pardew also too stock of the Haidara situation for the first time and said: “I think sometimes it’s good to reflect on the situation.

“We are particularly aggrieved that we don’t have professional linesmen in the Premier League.

“With the money and finances we have that should be a team.

“I would be very interested to know how many times Mark Halsey has worked with that linesman.”

No Debuchy, Krul, Santon, Haidara, Coloccini, Tiote or Ben Arfa. Oh lord. It'll have to be:

Elliot

Simpson, Taylor, Yanga-Mbiwa, Anita

Gutierrez, Cabaye

Sissoko, Marveaux, Gouffran

Cisse

Bring the vaseline

Guest Roger Kint

Its probably going to be:

Elliott

Simpson Taylor MYM Jonas

Cabaye Perch

Sissoko Marveaux Gouffran

Cisse

Unless he goes Anita for Marveaux and pushes Jonas to RW  :undecided:

Our blessing could be that City don't play with any width however that doesn't stop the FBs from being caught out positionally in other ways.

Pack the middle with Perch on Silva would be it for me, sit deep and frustrate. The fashionistas won't like it though.

Guest Roger Kint

Elliot

Simpson Taylor Perch Mbiwa

Cabaye Sissoko

Jonas Marveaux Gouffran

Cisse

Cant see him being daft enough to break up a good CB pairing and shunting MYM to LB away from their main dangers.

Edit: Plus Pardew wont go so attacking in a million years :lol:

Elliot

Cabaye Sissoko

Jonas Marveaux Gouffran

Cisse

This for me but with MYM and Perch swapped around.

Elliot

Cabaye Sissoko

Jonas Marveaux Gouffran

Cisse

Cant see him being daft enough to break up a good CB pairing and shunting MYM to LB away from their main dangers.

Just thought Id put the cat amongst the pigeons ;)

Our blessing could be that City don't play with any width however that doesn't stop the FBs from being caught out positionally in other ways.

Pack the middle with Perch on Silva would be it for me, sit deep and frustrate. The fashionistas won't like it though.

Its a good point but like you say they can be caught out in other ways.... Simpson has on various occasions by a bit of movement from Silva and it goes to Yaya and BAM 1-0.

If we can do it successfully and nick a draw i'll be delighted tbh.

Guest palnese

Perch couldn't get near Lampard or Mata against Chelsea. Can't see him doing much better vs Yaya and Silva.

I'd play Anita or Jonas alongside Cabaye for this one.

Sissoko deeper would make sense for this one to provide some brute force. Would be nice if we could somehow fit a way to have Anita, Sissoko and Cabaye basicaly sitting and packed into the midfield with Marv and Gouffran supporting Cisse.

Its a good point but like you say they can be caught out in other ways.... Simpson has on various occasions by a bit of movement from Silva and it goes to Yaya and BAM 1-0.

Aye, I fully expect us to be easily rolled over though.

For once it'd be nice against these if we didn't shoot ourselves in the foot immediately.

Aye, I fully expect us to be easily rolled over though.

For once it'd be nice against these if we didn't shoot ourselves in the foot immediately.

Aye :thup:

Sissoko deeper would make sense for this one to provide some brute force. Would be nice if we could somehow fit a way to have Anita, Sissoko and Cabaye basicaly sitting and packed into the midfield with Marv and Gouffran supporting Cisse.

Meh..hes not really a combative midfielder though. Pulls out of challenges, haven´t showed any good tackling or aerial capabilities despite his physique. Would much rather prefer him to lurk a bit up top to try and hit Man City on the break like against Chelsea.

We'll start off competitively and get hopes up then lose anyway. 3-0.

Pretty much spot on really.

Lets be honest we're not expected to get anything from the match so I'd rather have bodies back for Fulham which is huge.

Still stranger things have happened so you never know.