Stag Do plans

BoSelecta

Right. So its my brothers wedding in June and i'm the best man so i'm organizing the stag do festivities. We are going away camping for a week up in the north west coast of Scotland, a small place called Glenelg. Basically we've got a couple of caravans on the beach up there and a load of us head up once a year and just get smashed in the wilderness for a week.

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/1623/25438210150645730425720.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img138/2366/26035310150645730040720.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img46/7900/26444310150645737390720.jpg

So, I was thinking of doing a stag Decathlon and keeping scores on the events and having a stag do winner at the end. Ideally I want to come up with 10 really decent events. Daft competitive stuff like everyone stands on the beach in a line and has to strip off and leg it to the sea, fully submerse themselves and get back to the line. Obviously the stag is going to get stitched up with added rules on every event. The inevitable drinking game boat race will be an event. Probably have a pen shootout with the stag in nets. Has anyone ever done anything similar and can throw some idea's my way?

Were going to have a golden clothes peg and if you manage to peg it onto someones clothing without them realising they have to neck their drink, likewise if your caught putting it on. We are taking a load of s*** costumes for him to wear and are probably going to take his suit case off him when we arrive. I want to stitch him up to a level where he still finds it funny and it never becomes abit s*** for him!

If anyones got any idea's hoy them my way, they'd be much appreciated!

There are going to be around 15-20 of us so a fair turnout.

I always find the best stag do's are the ones where you basically just go away on the lash as a group of lads and you forget all the zany and wacky bollocks.

Nee offense like.

needs a balance. a little bit zany bollocks for the saturday afternoon (when it's a standard weekend affair) then just alcofrenzy for the rest of it.

I always find the best stag do's are the ones where you basically just go away on the lash as a group of lads and you forget all the zany and wacky bollocks.

Nee offense like.

:thup:

No fancy dress, no matching tshirts, no wacky pre planned ideas.

Just a bunch of lads going somewhere and having a good bit of drink and a good bit of craic.

No offense taken. Its abit of a strange one, because for the last 7 years or so this group of lads has done this holiday for a week every year where we just go and get lashed up. There needs to be something definitive which landmarks it as a stag do and not just the annual p*ss up. Maybe the Dectathlon which will just be a laugh anyway. Im not really a huge fan of the gimmicky neck your drink bullshit but all the rest are talking it up so seems as if it'll probably go ahead like that anyway.

I feel abit of responsibility to make it different from the previous years we've gone up.

I like the way stag dos are so well organised these days.

I did the stupidest thing possible for mine, which involved being out all night, off my face, getting in at 10am, then getting married four hours later. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Divorced her three years later, mind, so not quite that stupid.

I'm going on one in Benidorm in June :laugh:  :scared:

Been there, as bad as the stories (if you have never been before). Decent beach mind.

The last stag do I went on was in Newcastle and I spent more time with people from here than the people I went with :lol:

My parents lived on the Costa Blanca for ten years, so we spent a lot of time there, and would occasionally go down to Benidorm for a day.

I concur, it is nowhere near as bad as it used to be. Don't got me wrong, it hasn't suddenly turned into Portofino, and the eating and drinking venues are still very much downmarket. You'll see a lot of hen and stag parties there in their matching t shirts, but you'll find that it is mostly a resort for older people.

It's a pretty quiet place, really.