Magazines/Comics

Rocker

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

With the invention of tablets, and the fact we are living in an age where you can access premium content online, do you still buy monthly magazines/comics?

Even though the content is available through other forms, I still regularly buy BBC Focus ( for the questions really), Powerslam  :blush: and Edge.

It's almost like a ritual now, and I don't think I'd like them to stop, even though I could get the content on my kindle or Ipad.

Anyone still subscribe or buy regularly?

I buy what I like to call "bampy magazines" to read on the cross trainer at the gym. Sometimes there are copies lying around in which case I'll just grab one of those. Chat, Take a Break and That's Life are my favourites. I even do the puzzles :blush: although I've never won owt.

I like reading Runner's World too which a colleague (who subscribes) usually passes to me when she's finished. It's her last day today though so that might put an end to that.

My mam's partner gets Focus and it's class in a geeky way, I always read it when I go over there.

I'll only buy a mag if I've got a longish trip ahead. I'll probably get Empire or Total Film, or something. Maybe a Nuts if I'm feeling adventurous. Usually pick up The Sun n'all for some easy reading (:blush:) - but again, only when I'm travelling somewhere.

I still do. Digital is great if that's your thing but I'd rather have the physical thing.

I'm happy with plenty of justifications for buying a paper mag over a fancy computerised version, but this is the shittest reason ever.

Convenience, ability to bring to places that are scummy/dirty, back lighting hurting eyes, expense of a tablet, something to use to wipe your arse with, being able to smother your face in the paper titties of whatever page3 bint is showing off her goods today.

LOTS OF VALID REASONS OTHER THAN YOUR FUCKING BOLLOCKS SHITE POST I HATE YOU

:)

I still do. Digital is great if that's your thing but I'd rather have the physical thing.

I'm happy with plenty of justifications for buying a paper mag over a fancy computerised version, but this is the shittest reason ever.

Convenience, ability to bring to places that are scummy/dirty, back lighting hurting eyes, expense of a tablet, something to use to wipe your arse with, being able to smother your face in the paper titties of whatever page3 bint is showing off her goods today.

LOTS OF VALID REASONS OTHER THAN YOUR FUCKING BOLLOCKS SHITE POST I HATE YOU

:)

That's nice :)