Video Camera for Sport

TheGuv

Basically the rugby club are looking to buy a camera to return to the good old days of this:

We do have a camera but it's basically a shite handy cam from about 5 years ago. So we want nothing like that!

I think we'd be looking to spend somewhere from £300-£600. (Maybe even more)

I have absolutely no idea about cameras but I do know we need a good zoom to record the action of the game close in and from afar, and also an audio output so we can commentate on the games with an external  microphone.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :thup:

Sample footage at full res, untouched. Remember to change the YouTube setting to 1080p and full screen for the best representation (bearing in mind YouTube probably compresses the video too).

There are hundreds of others available btw, you don't HAVE to buy that one. :lol:

You'd be amazed how hard it is to find anything better :lol:

Absolutely fuck all in town anywhere close to this in value for money

Thanks for the help for everything :smitten:

What a guy Dave is. Can actually vouch for this exact model of camera too, having used it for a very similar purpose.

Good good.

Just hope it will arrive in time from Tesco Direct...Needing it for Saturday

Bought it :coolsmiley:

Thanks for the help lads.

Looking into a replacement battery for the camera. Are batteries for camera's that expensive :yikes:

I'm tempted to buy a cheaper replacement than the official Panasonic one but then again they might not work/could fuck the camera up :undecided:

Anyone with knowledge on this?

I would go for the official one if you've got the means to do so. People may have had better experiences than me but any time I've taken a shortcut on batteries (for laptops, tools, etc.) they've been rubbish. They haven't caused any damage mind, just been fairly shoddy replacements that diminished quickly and ended up in the bin.

Speaking directly about the camera: we got an official one as backup and it was still fine after a full season of use.

Hmm right I thought it would be like that to be honest. Just £110 quid seems steep! I suppose it's quite an integral part of a camera though.

Great to hear Rich! Hopefully we can get 2 seasons out of it before the next one. I'm sure we'll recoup the money back through DVD sales, and the extra income over the bar from people staying to watch it.

Was yours for football? Did you get people commentating on it or anything like that?

In the old days at the club it would be rammed after a match to laugh at any mistakes/enjoy the game/laugh at the commentary team etc. It would keep folk back an extra couple of hours just to watch the game - hopefully this returns to Novos!