The official family days out/things to do with the wife & kids etc. thread

Guest Howaythetoon

Guest Howaythetoon

OK, I'm constantly looking at things to do with the bairn such as days out etc, and of course with the wife. Family things basically. We have a car thread, a music thread, a film thread, but nowt like this so here goes...

A few weeks back my sister and nephew were up from London so me, her, my nephew and my son decided to go to Belsay gardens http://www.english-heritage.org.uk/daysout/properties/belsay-hall-castle-and-gardens/

We had to pay to get in but it was a good hours walk around and it was enjoyable enough. When she visits in the summer I think we will all go, take a picnic with us and let my nephew bring his scooter so he can ride around. There are lots of trees and rocks and such for kids to explore and climb about.

Anyway she is up for Easter weekend again so I need some ideas for places to go/visit/see etc.

Guest Howaythetoon

Cheers will look it up. I love the coast etc. but it gets boring going time and time again. I can't wait until the summer, not UK like, but I'm taking the bairn to Paris, just me and him for the weekend, give his mam some peace. In the meantime I need more new places to take him/to go to as a family. Sick of the same same old if you know what I mean.

Guest Howaythetoon

I hope your taking him to see Mickey mouse then.  we like the coast too, but it doesnt feel like a day out being 5mins away. like to head inland tbh.

Oh aye, gonna take him to Disney Land.

no dogs allowed at carricks mind.

wallington is canny (park for the kids aswell) as is cragside (again, park for the kids also).

breamish/ingram valley is nice for as bit explore/picnic, the river is plodgeable and brough law hillfort is worth a look, linhope spout is just a bit further on.

where the river north and south tyne meet at acomb is nice, again plodgeable from the shingle and you can walk riverside up towards chollerford.

hareshaw linn just outside bellingham is well worth a visit and picnic.

thrunton woods, 3 or 4 walks through there to cater for all capabilities with some lovely views over the vale of whittingham.

Madras. :thup:

Beamish museum is a cracking day out and if you can get your tickets unlocked, you pay once and can visit free as many times as you like for the next year. Also, Housesteads Roman Fort is well worth a look, with some cracking views along 'The Wall' and you can also walk on part of it. Craster and Dunstanburgh Castle are class as well.

Pity the weather is so shite and cold at the moment. Really is spoiling a lot of opportunities.

wallington is canny (park for the kids aswell) as is cragside (again, park for the kids also).

breamish/ingram valley is nice for as bit explore/picnic, the river is plodgeable and brough law hillfort is worth a look, linhope spout is just a bit further on.

where the river north and south tyne meet at acomb is nice, again plodgeable from the shingle and you can walk riverside up towards chollerford.

thrunton woods, 3 or 4 walks through there to cater for all capabilities with some lovely views over the vale of whittingham.

wheres that? must check this out.

http://www.forestry.gov.uk/forestry/englandnorthumberlandrothburythrunton

http://www.forestry.gov.uk/forestry/englandnorthumberlandrothburythrunton

ah cheers, aye just remembered going there on team building with work once- had completely forgot about the place, ta

Saturday club at the odeon. £5 for two adults + two free kids, or in this case just the one. Rise of the Gaurdians this time but its on all week with the kids being off, different film every day.