Kerzhakov - Newcastle have had £1.7 million bid rejected

stozo

Hahaha. I can see it now.

*Scene - Shepherd's Office*

FS - "Well how about we offer him £50,000 a week and we increase the fee to £5 mill-, oh hello Glenn! Sorry, pet we'll have to go to the Lakes this weekend there was hell on when I went to Spain to see you. Bye love *hangs up*. Hello Glenn, just the, um, wife there, what can I do for you"

GR - "Well, ye know, I've just been laughing at, ye know, rubbish reports linking us with, ye know, that Russian fella, ye know?"

FS - "Ahem, yes...rubbish"

Id rather sign Nugent than this Kerhakov bloke to be honest. Somebody who knows the english game. Only problem is that PNE will be holding out for a large bid and with the position they find themselves in in the championship Nugent may want to stay and see if he can get the club up into the premiership.

• 4 months later...

Well, at least it demonstrates that there are decent players for decent prices available if you want to strengthen the squad and to get the necessary depth. You don't have to spend 10m quid all the time...

Well, at least it demonstrates that there are decent players for decent prices available if you want to strengthen the squad and to get the necessary depth. You don't have to spend 10m quid all the time...

blasphemy

It all comes down to serious scouting and spotting them before others get a look in and shop window prices emerge.

Not the player we need.

Here's a fuking novel idea, why not try and sign someone above 3 fuking foot for a fuking change.

lets hope fuking roeder fuking does...:D

Got to agree, we LB's, CB's, RB's not strikers!

We've already got Owen, Martins, Dyer, Ameobi, Carroll, Luque & Le Sib for Strikers. If we can nick him for peanuts then fair enough (likewise with Sidwell) but ffs sake we should be looking at some top of the range defenders and i don't mean the Land Rovers!

Meanwhile Taylor is our only good CB our best RB is 32/33 and needs back up and Roeder likes to play Car at LB!!!

Where are we going to fit the Russian in this arguable Team?

Given

Nobby  Taylor New CB  New LB

Milner  Butt/Parker Emre/Sidwell Duff/Zoggy

Owen    Martins

Harper/Krul

Hunty/Edgar/Ramage

Butt/Sidwell

Dyer/Zoggy

Ameobi/Carroll/Le Sib