Newcastle United vs. Fulham FC - 07/04/13 @ 3pm (No UK TV)

Guest neesy111

They will have lots of energy and will get about us early. Close us down, pack the midfield, force to play Cabaye to play balls over it. Unfortunately, we'll be knackered,we'll look knackered and the players will lack confidence and the manager will lack confidence. If we stay compact and don't make silly mistakes, keep it at 0-0, i think we'll grow into the game.

MUST win, as is the Mackems game.  Pretty much safe then so IMO, we have to win this.  Loose and most likely go out of the Europa next week and that puts huge pressure on the derby match.

Cant quiet believe how shit this season has been.

Guest neesy111

I'd give any thing to be 8 or 9 points clear with 5 games to go after the derby.

Would you basically forfeit the 2nd leg v Benfica for that?

Can see us trying too hard not to lose, inviting pressure, and they looked good the other day (albeit against QPR) until the imploded :lol:

Sadly I see us being the imploders.

Hows that for optimism.

Guest neesy111

I'd give any thing to be 8 or 9 points clear with 5 games to go after the derby.

Would you basically forfeit the 2nd leg v Benfica for that?

Ask me after the Fulham game :pardsgrin:

:bigi:

Very important game granted. But 4 points from this and the derby will be enough to see us saFe imo. Villa, Wigan and the mackems won't all average over a point a game. 37/38 should be enough this year.

Guest bimpy474

Sod this Duff shite, he was shit and gutless here and is still a bang average player. If we defend properly for a change then he wont influence anything.

I can see this being painfully predictable; we'll have a horror start (provoking a 'hangover from Benfica game' excuse), go 0-1 down to an awful defensive mistake at around 60-70mins, finally get going(ish) and pinch an equaliser. Making sure we keep ourselves sucked in down the bottom and, as already stated, make the thought of the derby unbearable.

PM me if you're in need of a positive boost :thup: