The Grand National. How Many Gee Gee's Will Perish?

Crumpy Gunt

A cruel cruel 'race'

If it was invented tomorrow it would be banned instantly.

Horses (animals) shouldn't have to die or risk death for some sick entertainment.

The quality of racing is not a patch on Cheltenham.

So why have I got a fiver E/W on Imperial Commander?

Got Seabass in the work sweepstake so put a little but on Cappa Bleu and Chicago Grey.

Same as me, put some on Seabass and Cappa Blue, got Chicago Grey in the sweepstake.

Teaforthree is aaaaall over Twitter & Facebook.

I've went each way on Teaforthree, Rare Bob and Balthazar King.

Paddy Power too, so it goes up to 5th :pow:

bad news I ended up picking him randomly so expect him to fall at the first fence, sorry about that

They have actually improved the fences this year. The hard unforgiving wooden stakes that supported the birch branches on the outside have been removed and replaced with an artificial centre, it looks sort of like the stuff they use to make 3G astroturf pitches. These have a bit of give in them so any horse that clatters the fence will not really be in the same danger as previous years. The majority of horses that have needed to be destroyed after a fall on the national course were injured on the second lap, when the outer portion of the fence has fallen away leaving the hard stakes exposed. This year they won't have that, and while the fences are still a real test of jumping they are massively safer. The reports after the Foxhunters on Thursday was that the jockeys really noticed the difference.

Anyway. Seabass will win IMO.

A cruel cruel 'race'

If it was invented tomorrow it would be banned instantly.

Horses (animals) shouldn't have to die or risk death for some sick entertainment.

The quality of racing is not a patch on Cheltenham.

So why have I got a fiver E/W on Imperial Commander?

Too true. Only reason it's survived is 'tradition'. But I'm not going to get on my high horse about it.

Chicago Grey £25, Quel Esprit £5, Imperial Commander £5

All these horses that race have a better standard of life than millions of humans and they wouldn't have it if they didnt race. It's horrible when one had to be put down or dies but for the owners it's like losing a family pet as well as a money maker.

Plus their fit as fuck carcasses taste great in a lasagne.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

got about 7 horses backed in this across various sweepstakes and bets, bet i still don't win :lol:

EDIT: make that 9 :lol:  almost a quarter of the runners

Next time tell us the ones you didn't think would win!

got about 7 horses backed in this across various sweepstakes and bets, bet i still don't win :lol:

EDIT: make that 9 :lol:  almost a quarter of the runners

Next time tell us the ones you didn't think would win!

random picks by horse name, scientific as fuck