Choosing a new Hatchback

Guest bimpy474

Guest bimpy474

Right Mrs Bimpy has given me permission to get a new car. This coming October (well around this time when the new editions come out). We can go to about £11,500.

There's so many to choose from i thought you lovely people would give us some ideas, especially if you own one or are getting a new one yourself.

Kia Rio is my choice at the moment, economic, no road tax, a/c, big boot, low insurance group (3), 7 year warranty etc. Looks ok now too. Chrevolet Aveo, Corsa, Mazda 2, Hyundia i20, Toyota Yaris, Fiesta, VW Polo to name a few we're looking at as well.

Key to this is, it's a one off thing, this car is for as long as it can go for. Unless we win the lottery anyhoo. So it has to be a car that loves me long time.

Cheers Lovers  :rose:.

Guest bimpy474

Don't have driving license and don't own a car. But Volkswagen Golf is where it's at.

Too much and oh the insurance ;)

Guest bimpy474

Vaxuhall Adam, fuck the haters.

Too small TBG, thinking of the future with the boot size for holidays and when my two boys are bigger, which will be sooner than i would like no doubt.

Guest bimpy474

Got a soft spot for the Mini Coopers, out of the small body cars.

15k, for a used one, particularly the starter level models?

I did think about a 2 year old one but with the new wave of warranties. Corsa's is now a lifetime warranty (100,000 miles), Kia's is 7, Chrevolet is 5, there all like that now.

I just thought as we are going to keep the car for a long time, a new one with a long new warranty would be a better choice.

Guest bimpy474

Honda Civic, second hand one...1.8 ES or summik

Oi are you selling Gimp :lol:

Haha, theres only about 28 k on the clock.

Nah wor lass loves it.  She'll never sell it on.

She loves the drive of it.

New there a bit much, insurance is a bit much too i think. And Mrs Bimpy thinks anything over 1.2 is for Lewis Hamilton.

New there a bit much, insurance is a bit much too i think. And Mrs Bimpy thinks anything over 1.2 is for Lewis Hamilton.

1.2  :kasper:

But you want summik fairly big dont ya?

Guest bimpy474

Why does it have to brand new?

My post to Eddy Chibas, the new warranties available combined with the fact we intend to keep it for good. That and Mrs Bimpy has instructed me that it has to be a newy.

I shant argue that out of fear tbh.

Guest bimpy474

No not really mate, 1.1/1.2/1.3 is fine, 50 to 60 mpg, no road tax, low insurance groups, her money as well as mine like.

No not really mate, 1.1/1.2/1.3 is fine, 50 to 60 mpg, no road tax, low insurance groups, her money as well as mine like.

VW Polo or summik?

Got a soft spot for the updated Mini Coopers, out of the small body cars. Old style appeal, with some modern comfort.

24 mpg tho  :o

Doesn't surprise - they've got a fair bit of grunt, when going through the low gears, for that size car. Thing is though, they're pretty durable. My lass had one, she modded-up the engine a bit, and she lost fuck-all upon resale.

Guest bimpy474

VW Polo or summik?

Aye, actually my eldest boys footy teammates Dad is a VW salesman, he's going to give me a price (friends and family discount apparently). I think this a long term car too, last forever this like.

They just look a bit boring to me though.

Got a soft spot for the updated Mini Coopers, out of the small body cars. Old style appeal, with some modern comfort.

24 mpg tho  :o

Doesn't surprise - they've got a fair bit of grunt, when going through the low gears, for that size car. Thing is though, they're pretty durable. My lass had one, she modded-up the engine a bit, and she lost f***-all upon resale.

Bad fuel consumption tho, especially in urban.

VW Polo or summik?

Aye, actually my eldest boys footy teammates Dad is a VW salesman, he's going to give me a price (friends and family discount apparently). I think this a long term car too, last forever this like.

What about a sporty swift?

Guest bimpy474

VW Polo or summik?

What about a sporty swift?

Boot is tiny, need a bit more room.

Get the Fiesta, it's not bad to drive and there's some fab little engines in the new one.

That said, if you had £18k, the new Golf is bloody good (it's nice inside, has some poke and is cheap enough to insure with cracking residuals).

VW Polo. VW's are mint man, comfortable to drive, reliable, look the bee's knee's as well and they have a higher standard and feel about them then other cars, and rightly so in my opinion. The current Polo is roughly the same size as a mark 4 Golf and you should easily be able to get your weekly shops in. Using my mark 4 Golf as a size comparison I've been able to fit sand pits (with bags of sand), TV's, my mams weekly shops plus her crap, plus my crap etc all into mine with ease. In fact come to think of it I've been able to fit all of that in the boot (not at the same time). I've also been able to take bags and bags of rubbish to the tip with it. They are larger than you think and larger than they appear.

Leg room isn't a problem either, Mrs Bimpy should be able to sit in the front hogging all the space with anyone in the back still having room. The Bluemotion Polo's can get something like 75mpg (Out of your price range new but here is a nice 2 year old one). http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/used/search/#[email protected]%[email protected]