Newcastle United vs. Benfica - 11/04/13 @ 8.05pm (ITV4)

Mike

He got the date right though tbf.

:lol: I felt so good about that. Thought I was doing something nice and then I get called a posh cunt for some completely new shit.

What a relief we won today. Means the pressure is off so to speak. I think playing against Benfica in a knock out game, we can just go for it without there being any expectation on us that we have to win. Winning 2-0 would be fantastic, but if it doesnt happen its not the end of the world. Had we drawn or lost today, it would be lingering over us going into this game and not going through would put enormous pressure on the Sunderland game which would most likely damage our performances in both.

Guest neesy111

Give it a go 1st 60-70 mins, if it's clear we don't have a chance then take off our key players for Mackems game.

If possible, I'd be looking to give Sissoko a rest here.

Not possible.

We need to be very very good to do this. We can score 2 goals but we have to keep at them. And whilst doing that keeping the ball and limiting their chances to that long range rubbish.

Sissoko driving forward is a must. Cabaye having influence on the ball in the final 3rd is a must. Marveuax's crisp passing and driving in to the box is a must.

No half arsed attempt here. We've really got to go for them.

Guest palnese

If possible, I'd be looking to give Sissoko a rest here.

Really? A European quartre final and we should be resting one of our best players? :lol:

Don't think he's been looking very good lately. But I guess the lack of options plays a part.

Get in, we get to take some momentum into this game now.  The pressure's off, most people think it's a lost cause so let's just play with freedom and a 2-0 win isn't beyond the realms of possibility.  If we were to somehow make it through, the lads would be tired but they'd be absolutely bouncing going into the derby.

Just such a massive goal today that's enabled us to have this outlook.

Use the momentum gained from today to slingshot a thunderbastard of a performance at these chumps. We need to win by two goals - it is definitely not beyond us.

If we get the first goal early on I think this could happen.

Hell, even a goal in the first 80 minutes, as long as it's still 1-0 I'd back us.