Newcastle United vs. Benfica - 11/04/13 @ 8.05pm (ITV4)

Mike

I'm quite mellow actually. :lol:

I fully expected him to prioritise keeping them to nil for an hour, I actually thought he'd rest Cisse too. Anyone who thought he'd just go for it hasn't been watching closely enough.

As for Williamson, Perch isn't exactly a massive step up anyway.

We aren't playing Stoke like so IMO Perch would be a significant step up in this game.

That's a team that is set up to draw. No Marveaux or Obertan is a bit of a joke, imo. We need to score two goals ffs.

Obertan  :serious:

He's an attacker, that is my point. Hell, he's a wide player. We're playing none tonight.

Sorry mate but he's had too many chances, he's got no ability, no fight, no quality and is one of worst player i've seen in a Newcastle shirt for a while.

He simply isn't good enough.

:anguish: I'll say it again, then. He's an attacker. My point is we're not playing enough attacking players, whether it's Obertan or whoever.

Guest bimpy474

That's a team that is set up to draw. No Marveaux or Obertan is a bit of a joke, imo. We need to score two goals ffs.

Obertan  :serious:

He's an attacker, that is my point. Hell, he's a wide player. We're playing none tonight.

Sorry mate but he's had too many chances, he's got no ability, no fight, no quality and is one of worst player i've seen in a Newcastle shirt for a while.

He simply isn't good enough.

:anguish: I'll say it again, then. He's an attacker. My point is we're not playing enough attacking players, whether it's Obertan or whoever.

Say whoever attacker rather than Obertan then :lol:

Honestly i think he's so bad it's untrue.

Guest bimpy474

Is that fellow Williamson as bad as you guys are saying? I'm starting  to become more and more confident  :snod:

Clumbsy, slow, gives away penalties, turns like a tank.

Nice hair though.

At the moment I can't see where a goal is going to come from, beyond some opportunism from Cisse. Come on Cabaye, man - we need you more than ever tonight. Can only assume he's in an advanced position.

Is that fellow Williamson as bad as you guys are saying? I'm starting  to become more and more confident  :snod:

He was a key part of the team that finished 5th to qualify for this competition so he's nowhere near as bad as reading this thread would have you believe!

Hope the crowd in the ground are patient tonight mind - 0-0 after 70 with attacking subs to come on would be a decent position to be in IMO.

No Marveaux is a disgrace if he isn't injured. Also :

Williamson over Perch/ Sissoko playing outwide/ Anita and Bigi playing in the centre seem to be pretty poor selections to me. Look forward to seeing Shola warming up on 70 mins ahead of Campbell, HBA and Marveaux aswell.

Hope i'm wrong and we're witnessing a tactical masterstroke.

Guest bimpy474

Williamson over Perch/ Sissoko playing outwide/ Anita and Bigi playing in the centre seem to be pretty poor selections to me. Look forward to seeing Shola warming up on 70 mins ahead of Campbell, HBA and Marveaux aswell.

:pardsgrin:

He was a key part of the team that finished 5th to qualify for this competition so he's nowhere near as bad as reading this thread would have you believe!

Hope the crowd in the ground are patient tonight mind - 0-0 after 70 with attacking subs to come on would be a decent position to be in IMO.

Is "key part" a code phrase for weak link?

I think he's just had a stroke. It would explain the selection.