Newcastle United vs. Benfica - 11/04/13 @ 8.05pm (ITV4)

Mike

I would have thought the same had we not beaten Fulham, think we'll field the strongest team available on Thursday.

I think he will rest any with any sort of fitness issue ahead of Sunday. Were the gap only one goal, it might have been different but with a two goal deficit I think he might be more cautious with his team selection. Think that HBA will be on the bench though to try and get some minutes ahead of Sunday.

and sunderland is nee Man u like

And Benfica's no Sporting

:hello: Hi Benficans

Well done, Sir. :shifty:

In 2004/05 Sporting were defeated in Estádio da Luz 1-0, losing the 1st place to us, and 4 days later lost the UEFA Cup final 3-1, in Alvalade.

Is it true that they are planning on a minutes silence before the game for Thatcher? I would have thought that would go down very badly.

would solely be a club choice if so which I find hard to believe would happen

I could probably live with Cabaye being given a break. I don't want us to prioritise either one, but he could probably use a rest before the derby - where he's going to be absolutely crucial.

Guest The Legendary Tiger Man

I could probably live with Cabaye being given a break. I don't want us to prioritise either one, but he could probably use a rest before the derby - where he's going to be absolutely crucial.

I think you should rest Cissé and Sissoko, they look tired and you don't want them to do bad against Sunderland  :angel:

I think you should rest Cissé and Sissoko, they look tired and you don't want them to do bad against Sunderland  :angel:

Wouldn't dream of resting Sissoko, like. Cabaye's been played in a deeper role starting off attacks, I think we can get Anita (and MYM, if he's allowed) to do that. We need Sissoko to run at them and get behind their defence.

Considering the alternatives i really couldn't.

Also you do realise Tiger Man is a Benfica fan right? :)

Considering the alternatives i really couldn't.

Big Vern' was much better at the weekend than he has been recently.

In the event of Cabaye being rested...

---------------------------- Krul ----------------------------

Simpson ------- Taylor -------- MYM ------------ Jonas

--------------------- Bigi -------- Anita -------------------

--- Marveaux --------- Sissoko ---------- Obertan ---

--------------------------- Cisse ---------------------------

Really wouldn't mind that at all, though I can't see it happening.

why should we rest players, in other teams the play nearly every game, the guys get well paid to do a job

why should we rest players, in other teams the play nearly every game, the guys get well paid to do a job

Think he's a Benfica fan :lol: