Newcastle United vs. sunderland - 14/04/13 @ 12pm (Sky Sports 1)

Decky

I think the impact yesterday's result has on this match is massive - takes a fair bit of the pressure off us and piles it all on them, and we've seen in the past how they react to that...

Krul

Debuchy        Saylor            Mbiwa        Jonas

Tiote

Cabaye        Sissoko

Marveaux                                      Gouffran

Cisse

We need to create a venomous atmosphere for them like we did for the 5-1.  Quinn and Short walked from a car and they were given loads of stick and the players were given the same as soon as the players’ coach turned up.  They were beaten before a ball was kicked and we need to do it again because we didn’t do it last season and they had a much easier day.  Intimidate them and they will fold before even getting out on to the pitch.

Definitely, and they're missing Clattermole who whatever you say about him is a real leader for them on the pitch. Derbies are unpredictable but we have the quality, improved optimism after that result with a bit of pressure off us and with a baying crowd behind the lads we should be able to bury this lot.

Ed: what we simply can't afford is a stupid red card like in October and I hope Pardew is drilling that into the players this week. They escaped a drubbing last Oct because of exactly that.

They will play:

Mignolet

Bardsley        Kilgallon          O'Shea        Rose

N'Diaye            Colback

Larrson                    Sessengnon            Johnson

Wickham

No goals in that side at all really.

We need to create a venomous atmosphere for them like we did for the 5-1.  Quinn and Short walked from a car and they were given loads of stick and the players were given the same as soon as the players’ coach turned up.  They were beaten before a ball was kicked and we need to do it again because we didn’t do it last season and they had a much easier day.  Intimidate them and they will fold before even getting out on to the pitch.

Fortunately for us the initials PDC fit in quite nicely to the Day Dream Believer ditty and "fascist" can be used as an alternative to "mackem".

any news on Cabaye and Marveaux?  Were they just two-games-in-four-days knackered, or properly knackered, as in f***ed?

Marveaux' looked like cramp.  Cabaye looked to be carrying an injury all game, to me anyway but that report off Hardy in the Fulham match day thread said he took a knock from a challenge so hopefully nowt serious.

Yohan Cabaye limped to join the celebrations that were everywhere you looked after whacking his foot in a tackle.

Our midfield should be able to absolutely destroy theirs

Yep, potentially could be a mullering as long as we defend OK.

And I repeat don't do anything daft with the red card factor. It would be criminal to give this lot a chance by going down to 10 men

Need to have our passing game on and Cisse needs to be at his best. They pressed the fuck out of Chelsea yesterday and Di Canio kept telling their defence to push up the pitch. If we can get Cabaye and Marveaux into space I have every confidence we can get Papiss in behind their back line. They'll almost certainly play on the break though so we'll have to watch Sessegnon.

We could really do with Debuchy and Tiote back for this one.

They will play:

Mignolet

Wickham

Doesn't look like that bad of a side actually. Worse than ours, but good enough to pose a threat, if they get it right. Certainly looks to good to be relegated, I would think.

I don't want them to be relegated anyway, I just want us to beat them with double digits.

They will play:

Mignolet

Wickham

Doesn't look like that bad of a side actually. Worse than ours, but good enough to pose a threat, if they get it right. Certainly looks to good to be relegated, I would think.

I don't want them to be relegated anyway, I just want us to beat them with double digits.

Are you high?

I think their weaknesses are more important than their strengths, if that makes any sense. Aye, they have some talented and dangerous-looking players, but in reality most of them are not performing and they also have some pretty bad ones.

They definitely have players who can hurt us though, Sess and Larrson in particular.

Sunday 12pm, what a fucking shit kick off time.

Early drinking :lol: Always feel it loads more, probably because I always skip breakfast. Might wake up and get some stodge down me early on.

The only good thing about it is an excuse to be in the pub at about 9am on a Sunday. :lol:

Dreading the match though.

Some reason I'm looking forward to it, don't feel nervous.  That'll all change towards the end of the week tho.  Not sure if it's a good thing, normally a pessimistic shivering wreck by now :lol: