The general stupidity of football fans

Dr Venkman

For a while now I've thought that we've got a good shout for having the stupidest fans in the country. Granted, I've never actually sat with any other groups of fans whether home or away so in all likelihood we're just as stupid as the rest. Would be interesting to hear from the likes of Brummie as to what they think is average level of understanding amongst their ranks.

Here's one to get us started:

Fans going absolutely mental when a player places the ball ever so slightly out of the quadrant when taking a corner. Our lot did this over and over and over again on Sunday, trying their best to get the ref to come over and check it. Given that placing the ball and inch to the right or left makes no difference whatsoever to the quality of the delivery, and the fact the mackems were leading and trying to slow the game at every opportunity, this the was the exact reaction they were trying to get. It was doing my fucking head in :lol:

Just appealing for everything gets on my nerves, especially when it's clearly wrong. Handball when the ball hits anywhere on the chest is a common one.

Screaming at Ben Arfa to pass it.

Fulham fans who don't know the rules of football or who any of the players are. Although that's not really stupidity I suppose.

For a while now I've thought that we've got a good shout for having the stupidest fans in the country. Granted, I've never actually sat with any other groups of fans whether home or away so in all likelihood we're just as stupid as the rest. Would be interesting to hear from the likes of Brummie as to what they think is average level of understanding amongst their ranks.

Fans going absolutely mental when a player places the ball ever so slightly out of the quadrant when taking a corner. Our lot did this over and over and over again on Sunday, trying their best to get the ref to come over and check it. Given that placing the ball and inch to the right or left makes no difference whatsoever to the quality of the delivery, and the fact the mackems were leading and trying to slow the game at every opportunity, this the was the exact reaction they were trying to get. It was doing my f***ing head in :lol:

Football is insane and makes no sense. That's the beauty of it.

When you're watching a match you are allowed to be everything you can not be at your home/work.

I sit every f***ing time in the first row next to the pitch just to insult the players that I know they're republican.

So while some people are screaming: "It's foul you blind b******!", I am going something like: "GET UP YOU PRICK AND STOP ACTING LIKE YOU DON'T KNOW THE ABSOLUTELY LACK OF DECENCY IN THE ARTICLE NUMBER 234 OF OUR CONSTITUTION THAT STRICTLY PROHIBITS MONARCHIC MATERIAL!"

Fans going absolutely mental when a player places the ball ever so slightly out of the quadrant when taking a corner. Our lot did this over and over and over again on Sunday, trying their best to get the ref to come over and check it. Given that placing the ball and inch to the right or left makes no difference whatsoever to the quality of the delivery, and the fact the mackems were leading and trying to slow the game at every opportunity, this the was the exact reaction they were trying to get. It was doing my f***ing head in :lol:

Football is insane and makes no sense. That's the beauty of it.

When you're watching a match you are allowed to be everything you can not be at your home/work.

I sit every f***ing time in the first row next to the pitch just to insult the players that I know they're republican.

So while some people are screaming: "It's foul you blind b******!", I am going something like: "ABSOLUTELY NO DECENCY IN THE ARTICLE NUMBER 234 OF OUR CONSTITUTION THAT STRICTLY PROHIBITS MONARCHIC MATERIAL!"

You are a gift to this forum jotenko. The Europa League was basically worth it for these mental posts alone.

Fans going absolutely mental when a player places the ball ever so slightly out of the quadrant when taking a corner. Our lot did this over and over and over again on Sunday, trying their best to get the ref to come over and check it. Given that placing the ball and inch to the right or left makes no difference whatsoever to the quality of the delivery, and the fact the mackems were leading and trying to slow the game at every opportunity, this the was the exact reaction they were trying to get. It was doing my fucking head in :lol:

I said the same thing to QBG on Sunday. As if it makes a scrap of difference that the ball is an inch out of the quadrant. Our lot could place it five yards inside and still not hit the right spot.

I find myself feeling completely alone up in L7 a lot of the time. When a clearly offside Cisse is flagged for being offside, only to be met with howls of derision by the masses, and condemnation for the inept official. Not sure how I manage to spot it every time but nobody else does.

Also, it really grates me how fans can be so completely certain of a foul not being a foul when they are half a mile up in the sky. See Gouffran on Sunday. Not one person around me said 'well it looked like he caught him'. They just screamed at the diving little pussy to get up I knew it was a bad one straight away, I didn't call it a sure fire red, I couldn't possibly see from my perspective, but it was clear he went over the ball and caught Johnson.

Although, I would say I think this is common amongst most groups of fans. The bias displayed is so overwhelming it borders on lunacy.

"ABSOLUTELY NO DECENCY IN THE ARTICLE NUMBER 234 OF OUR CONSTITUTION THAT STRICTLY PROHIBITS MONARCHIC MATERIAL!"

"......up the Primeira Liga we go!"

"...except we're already top!"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You could fully expect someone who watched Portuguese football to think that sort of "professionalism" is perfectly acceptable.

You could fully expect someone who watched Portuguese football to think that sort of "professionalism" is perfectly acceptable.

To be honest in here when our team is losing people just want to get the game going, nobody really cares about the ball positioning. But they do care about different and equally stupid things.

I guess that's not very important, and it's useless to try to find some coherency in football fans judgments.

I was actually laughing at the quality of his argumentation.

Tbf that just shows the stupidity of the average person, twitter opened my eyes a lot in regards to stupidity :lol:

It goes without saying that the general public are stupid as fuck.

There's a bloke who sits in front of us at the match, a grown man, must be about 50. He just shouts stuff at our players, really unfunny stuff that requires less thought than breathing. A few weeks ago he was shouting 'ginger! ginger!' at Adam Campbell when he was warming up before his first appearance at home. There's a group of blokes around him who laugh at it as well. What's going on man?

To be honest in here when our team is losing people just want to get the game going, nobody really cares about the ball positioning. But they do care about different and equally stupid things.

I guess that's not very important, and it's useless to try to find some coherency in football fans judgments.

:lol: at me or towards me?

I said the same thing to QBG on Sunday. As if it makes a scrap of difference that the ball is an inch out of the quadrant. Our lot could place it five yards inside and still not hit the right spot.

I find myself feeling completely alone up in L7 a lot of the time. When a clearly offside Cisse is flagged for being offside, only to be met with howls of derision by the masses, and condemnation for the inept official. Not sure how I manage to spot it every time but nobody else does.

Also, it really grates me how fans can be so completely certain of a foul not being a foul when they are half a mile up in the sky. See Gouffran on Sunday. Not one person around me said 'well it looked like he caught him'. They just screamed at the diving little pussy to get up I knew it was a bad one straight away, I didn't call it a sure fire red, I couldn't possibly see from my perspective, but it was clear he went over the ball and caught Johnson.

Although, I would say I think this is common amongst most groups of fans. The bias displayed is so overwhelming it borders on lunacy.

When Cisse puts the ball in the net now, it's just become second nature for me to look at the linesman.

The general level of discontent when we pass it about, particularly when we've not had the ball in ages. Or when people scream for our defenders to 'GET RID!' then also complain about aimless punts upfield.

:lol: at me or towards me?

Please, no philosophic questions now. I just had lunch.

To be honest one of the things that really annoys me is when people celebrate disallowed goals.

Here's a guide:

1. Is the linesman running to the center of the field?

2. Is the referee pointing at the center of the field?

If both answers were yes then you can celebrate now.

Obviously when a goal is clearly legal (like 95% of the cases), go ahead and celebrate at will.

God how hard can it be?

Most of the time though, he is actually offside. It's criminal. If it were just a series of bad/close decisions I would let him off the odd one or two, but more often than not he's a yard offside and looking all the way along the line. I'd beat my son with a linesman's flag if he was offside that much.

The general level of discontent when we pass it about, particularly when we've not had the ball in ages. Or when people scream for our defenders to 'GET RID!' then also complain about aimless balls upfield.

Aye this one does my head in too, sometimes you've got to just keep the ball for a bit.

Guest neesy111

Most of the time though, he is actually offside. It's criminal. If it were just a series of bad/close decisions I would let him off the odd one or two, but more often than not he's a yard offside and looking all the way along the line. I'd beat my son with a linesman's flag if he was offside that much.

My favourite was against Reading when Shola of all people was telling him to get back onside.

Guest neesy111

I hate people saying "change it round man".

Really want to turn around and ask, "have you fucking seen our bench?"

That was applicable v Benfica tbf.

The fact that fans seem to accept, with barely a shrug, goals that are given/disallowed when wrongly onside/offside, it's just "ho hum, one of them things" even when it's not even close and an obvious howler.

It's not "one of them things" it's a VERY big deal IMO but there's no groundswell of opinion to change it, or look at it.

If ever there was a candidate for "technology" that should be it. How about just review every goal, it's natural break in play and would take seconds.