Getting your child vaccinated (sorry in advance!)

lovejoy

Sorry, this is a rather boring thread!

My little girl is 8 months old now, we are still 4 months or so away from the MMR (measels, mumps and rubella) vaccine but I have been reading up on it quite a bit and have some concerns as there are a whole host of possible side effects, autism being the most written about one.

The issue is that some researchers feel that giving such a small child a cocktail of vaccines at such a young age is a real risk, they argue the MMR jab was launched purely for convenience as it has no medical benefits at all, it just means every baby needs 1 jab as opposed to 3 thus cutting down patient visits.

The obvious answer, for those (like myself) concerned about it would be to get your child immunised with 3 separate injections, each a few weeks/months apart, the issue is, the NHS dont offer this, you basically either take the MMR or nowt!

Lola has already had her jabs for diptheria, whooping cough, polio etc but knowing what I know now, I wouldnt have let her have them I dont think. The chances of catching any of the diseases/virus's is so low, for example, there were 0 cases of polio recorded in the u.k in 2010 (polio doesnt exist here), there were 10 cases of diptheria (0 deaths) recorded, so the chances of catching these things is unbelievably minimal. In fact, the child has a 1 in 10 chance of feeling side effects from the jabs, so you have a bigger chance of being ill after the jabs than you do if catching the thing the jab is immunising you against! :undecided:

(There is also an issue with the amount of aluminium used in the jabs, there are 1.45 milligrams used in the nhs jabs and the max someone should have is 1.25 milligrams, the kidneys obviously get rid of this but a childs kidneys dont function fully until 1-2 years old, so thats basically staying in the childs body).

Was wondering if anyone else has similar concerns/experiences they can share about the MMR and whether anyone has avoided their child being vaccinated, or, better still, if they have managed to have the jabs separately?

Petition to close and burn this thread before Parky posts? :lol: 

edit: Sorry lovejoy.  I don't think it's completely, 100% without possibility of side effects but the benefits outweigh the consequences.  I'm curious as to why they don't offer them individually (lower administration costs?)

I won't pretend I know a lot about it but there is a measles epidemic in Wales at the moment largely caused by nonsense claims about the MMR. The autism claim in particular has been completely discredited and the claimant struck off by the GMC.

Being a bit of a hypocrite here cos I'm fucking terrified of needles and haven't had some of my teenage vaccinations due to that but I would get it done.

Petition to close and burn this thread before Parky posts? :lol: 

edit: Sorry lovejoy.  I don't think it's completely, 100% without possibility of side effects but the benefits outweigh the consequences.  I'm curious as to why they don't offer them individually (lower administration costs?)

http://www.hpa.org.uk/Topics/InfectiousDiseases/InfectionsAZ/MMR/GeneralInformation/

Also you should provide some links for the stuff you're reading and worried about. I'm sure there are posters who could tell you which ones are actually credible scientific sources, and which ones can be dismissed.

We thought long and hard about it.

Dug around and got all the info we could. Not taking just one section's advice.

The conclusion? We got it done and there's been zero hassle. Soffar.

Maybe it is a mass control drug. Maybe it's more dangerous than the shit your immunising against.

But we just felt it was a far better option than the other possible outcomes.

Saying that...I wouldn't even begin to tell another parent about the correct decision to make. We did our own research and decision making. You should just do yours and be confident it's the right thing for the little one. Come to your own conclusion :)

I think the internet age makes it a bit too easy to research yourself into a corner. Everything can be dangerous in one way or another, it's all too easy to find someone somewhere saying that you shouldn't do something based on anecdotal evidence. Definitely not saying you're wrong btw, I just think people - particularly new parents - can too easily find themselves panicking over stuff when their initial gut reaction is probably about right. It's something I'm determined not to fall foul of.

And I say this as someone who normally researches like fuck. :lol:

I can just reiterate that the MMR-autism link is completely unfounded and is the concoction of an attention-seeking discredited 'scientist' and irresponsible journalists looking for a story.

There are of course potential side-effects, as with any jab.

Easy for me to say since I don't have a kid, but I wouldn't think twice.

Some info re MMR:

http://www.badscience.net/2008/08/the-medias-mmr-hoax/

I can just reiterate that the MMR-autism link is completely unfounded and is the concoction of an attention-seeking discredited 'scientist' and irresponsible journalists looking for a story.

The Independent thing covered in that article above (wasn't aware of it myself) is staggeringly irresponsible.

The worst thing to do when you feel a little unwell is google the symptoms :lol:

Normally ends with some form of conclusion your ganna die soon :lol: :lol:

I'm 23 and I got a MMR jab bout a year back - they said my records showed i was missing the second dose, didn't think twice at the time tbh but now thinking about it they probs just lost my records, so I've probably been vaccinated 3 times  :kasper: hope not

My little girl is 8 months old now, we are still 4 months or so away from the MMR (measels, mumps and rubella) vaccine but I have been reading up on it quite a bit and have some concerns as there are a whole host of possible side effects, autism being the most written about one.

The issue is that some researchers feel that giving such a small child a cocktail of vaccines at such a young age is a real risk, they argue the MMR jab was launched purely for convenience as it has no medical benefits at all, it just means every baby needs 1 jab as opposed to 3 thus cutting down patient visits.

The obvious answer, for those (like myself) concerned about it would be to get your child immunised with 3 separate injections, each a few weeks/months apart, the issue is, the NHS dont offer this, you basically either take the MMR or nowt!

Lola has already had her jabs for diptheria, whooping cough, polio etc but knowing what I know now, I wouldnt have let her have them I dont think. The chances of catching any of the diseases/virus's is so low, for example, there were 0 cases of polio recorded in the u.k in 2010 (polio doesnt exist here), there were 10 cases of diptheria (0 deaths) recorded, so the chances of catching these things is unbelievably minimal. In fact, the child has a 1 in 10 chance of feeling side effects from the jabs, so you have a bigger chance of being ill after the jabs than you do if catching the thing the jab is immunising you against! :undecided:

(There is also an issue with the amount of aluminium used in the jabs, there are 1.45 milligrams used in the nhs jabs and the max someone should have is 1.25 milligrams, the kidneys obviously get rid of this but a childs kidneys dont function fully until 1-2 years old, so thats basically staying in the childs body).

Was wondering if anyone else has similar concerns/experiences they can share about the MMR and whether anyone has avoided their child being vaccinated, or, better still, if they have managed to have the jabs separately?

I believe there are sufficient concerns over the safety of vaccines to seriously consider refusing them.

The potential list of ingredients in a vaccine make for scary reading. http://rense.com/general59/vvac.htm  http://www.naturalnews.com/037653_vaccine_additives_thimerosal_formaldehyde.html

Then there are people getting the diseases they were supposed to be vaccinated against. http://www.naturalnews.com/038797_whooping_cough_vaccination_outbreak.html

The manufacturing process also leaves a lot to be desired. http://www.arnica.org.uk/vaccine/vaccines-are-made-of

The immune system is strengthened through fighting disease. I had mumps and measles as a kid.

Mostly, under the surface, it all seems to be about money to me. Big pharma make a mint out of immunisations, persuading the world they are absolutely necessary is common sense in a capitalist world. Anyone raising concerns or asking questions will be quickly besmirched and ridiculed to protect those financial interests.

edit: Oh, and the fact Bill Gates is so keen on them and distributing them freely to the thirld world when he has reported links to eugenics movements is another reason to arch one eye-brow. (though admittedly that might be a load of crap.)  http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/blog/?p=12734

I believe there are sufficient concerns over the safety of vaccines to seriously consider refusing them.

The potential list of ingredients in a vaccine make for scary reading. http://rense.com/general59/vvac.htm  http://www.naturalnews.com/037653_vaccine_additives_thimerosal_formaldehyde.html

Then there are people getting the diseases they were supposed to be vaccinated against. http://www.naturalnews.com/038797_whooping_cough_vaccination_outbreak.html

The manufacturing process also leaves a lot to be desired. http://www.arnica.org.uk/vaccine/vaccines-are-made-of

The immune system is strengthened through fighting disease. I had mumps and measles as a kid.

Mostly, under the surface, it all seems to be about money to me. Big pharma make a mint out of immunisations, persuading the world they are absolutely necessary is common sense in a capitalist world. Anyone raising concerns or asking questions will be quickly besmirched and ridiculed to protect those financial interests.

edit: Oh, and the fact Bill Gates is so keen on them and distributing them freely to the thirld world when he has reported links to eugenics movements is another reason to arch one eye-brow. (though admittedly that might be a load of crap.)  http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/blog/?p=12734

Wow that's actually irresponsible of you to give advice based on such sources, especially for such a serious subject. Lovejoy take note, the views presented in these websites are those of conspiracy theorists with no scientific background or understanding, the same people who will assure you that 'natural medicine' can cure cancer.

And that bolded paragraph :facepalm:

I can't help but think that one of the reasons we have no recorded cases of polio in this country is because most people are vaccinated against it.

Really not a helpful post.  Carry on.

No that is THE reason.

The potential list of ingredients in a vaccine make for scary reading.

Newcastle brown ale contains high levels of dihydrogen monoxide, which also makes for scary reading if you don't know what you're reading.

Thimerosal is often cited as the big scary thing that's coming for your child in vaccines, but it's never been in the MMR jab and is no longer used in almost all the others.  'MERCURY!' sounds like a very scary thing to inject your child with, but again very few vaccines contain it, a tuna sandwich contains 5 times more mercury than the flu shot and it's not methyl mercury, but ethyl mercury.  Do the people being scared off vaccinating their children against deadly diseases know this?  Do they even know the (very important) difference between methyl and ethyl mercury?  Do they even know there are different types of mercury, or do they just think of this weird sci-fi liquid from chemisty class?

A lot of this type of stuff is based in the simple feeling of 'it's not natural'.  'Natural' must be better.  It must be better for your child to get a life threatening natural disease than be injected with something scary and unnatural.  Anthrax bacteria is natural!  We've spent most of our time on earth being decimated by things that are natural!  People come out with stuff like "Well, we didn't have vaccines/chemo/flouride in my great-great-grandad's time, he was fine'  Everyone on this earth had a great-great-grandad who survived to breed.  How many brothers and sisters did he have?  How many made them past childhood without being killed by diseases we have now eradicated or largely prevented?

Same with this 'paleo diet' stuff.  "The modern world is killing us!  We're not adapted to eat our current diet!  We have to live and eat like we did 10,000 years ago - no-one ever got heart disease and cancer back then"  Well no, because you don't tend to get cancer or heart disease until later life and people had a life expectancy of about 30.  But then maybe that's how it should be - natural.

I can't help but think that one of the reasons we have no recorded cases of polio in this country is because most people are vaccinated against it.

Really not a helpful post.  Carry on.

Basically the only thing I could think of to say as well. And of course Wullie mentioned the recent measles outbreak in Wales.

I have six kids. They've all had all the shots, including MMR. There are no reasons not to have it done and, IMO, not having them - whilst entirely your choice - is irresponsible. You are not just endangering your child but the others around them particularly those that are too young to have the vaccination.

You can read as many conspiracies as you like but the proof is there. These diseases have been all but eradicated in this country, and that is down to one thing and one thing only.