Weekend Away- Liverpool

Tiotes Witch Doctor

Me and the lads are thinking about having a boozy weekend away in Liverpool in June, we've tried Leeds and Manchester so we thought we'd give Liverpool a go.

Just wondering if anyones had a weekend on the piss there and if its any good? Best places to go, best hotels for right next to the clubs etc....

We're all between 22-26 to narrow it down a bit.

Or does anyone know of anywhere else decent to visit?

Cheers  O0

It's a good laugh, there's a block of 4/5 streets where plenty of bars and clubs are situated, quite near the city centre - seems to be where the majority congregate so I doubt you'd go wrong exploring around there.

Think we ended up in crazy house or similar after Everton away, was a good night. There's a few on here who went to uni/live(d) around there for a bit so hopefully they can offer you more concrete info :)

Plenty of hotels/travelodge type places around the city iirc

I live in Liverpool. If you want normal clubs, bars where lads do banters and stuff concert square or Matthews street, if you want to pretend you have more money than you do then the docks, if you want nicer places that aren't full of pikeys there's loads of nice bars tucked away about the place.

I'd recommend drinking in the Ropewalks area, in and around Seel Street. Stay away from Concert Square & Mathew Street unless you want the Bigg Market with a different accent :lol:

Check out base2stay for your hotel. Near a lot of the good bars in the Ropewalks. If you're after booking your trip around a club night then it's also close to both the Masque for Chibuku & Circus, or Nation if there's a Cream night on.

I went a couple of years back, decent night out, it was a stag do so hardly refined but ended up in Heebie Jeebies one night and Krazyhouse the second. Krazyhouse is possibly the easiest place in the world to lose someone. If you get split up, just go on and enjoy your night, you will not see the rest again until the morning.

Liverpool's an odd place, lots of the city centre area is pretty beat up, yet we stayed around Faulkner Square which seemed to house loads of students but the surrounding area was really smart. At least in the areas we were the city seemed more laid back than Newcastle and there was much less aggro than you'd see on a Saturday night in town.

Also, go have a drink in the Philharmonic Dining Rooms (early on). Well worth a detour.

Had a road trip there with mates about 10yrs ago. The plan was to go to leeds but we decided to carry on a bit further to liverpool. Had no idea where to go but ended up in lemon lounge and got absolutely off our lips watching the inland knights. We still agree it was one of our best nights out ever. Random unpkanned ones usually are. Goin back in 2wks for a stag do hoping to relive some past glories.

I thought concert square was alright tbf. Decent few bars around their. Ended up in Crazy house too. Remember it had 3 or so floors and it was rammed, though it was a bit grim inside.

Too many scallies and annoying stag/hen groups in Concert Square.

Krazyhouse is where I used to go when I was about 17/18 and couldn't get in a lot of other places. K2 was the best! Some good times there but it is a shithole like :lol:

Is the Blue Angel still open?

Meat Market is a kind description, had some class nights there when I was at uni

aka the Razz. Yep, still going. Still lethal for whatever shoes you're wearing.

Liverpool's nightlife is fairly underwhelming, tbh, that said I think there's still plenty of places we've never got round to checking out. I definitely agree with staying away from Concert Sq, especially on a weekend.