WBA 1 - 1 Newcastle United - 20/04/13 - post-match reaction from page 49

Dave

Agree with pretty much all with what he was saying..... also pleased to see there are other people out there that see Pardew for what he is.

There's so many people that keep going on about injuries and europe etc etc but i can guarantee right now if the team was set up tactically and coached properly we wouldn't be f*cking 16th irrelevant of the injuries.

The main reason i want Pardew is out is because he's clueless tactically and painfully obvious his coaching isn't up to much either.

Europe and injuries come and go but Pardew's lack of tactics and poor coaching will not.

again was on work lockdown, can someone summarise the game and our performance for me?  on the face of it most of us would have taken a point before the game no?  unfortunately other results went south for us again

Better side in the first half, scored early and created a few decent chances while WBA gifted a 1-on-1 to Cisse which he fluffed over the bar when it was easier to score. Second half absolutely dire from the first minute, they bombarded us while we hoofed it away and made no attempt to hang onto the ball for longer than about 4 seconds. We weathered the storm after conceding a poor equaliser, kicked it long at Shola whilst HBA got 20 minutes and I'm not sure he touched the ball.

Think Villa away but without a 2 goal lead.

again was on work lockdown, can someone summarise the game and our performance for me?  on the face of it most of us would have taken a point before the game no?  unfortunately other results went south for us again

Better side in the first half, scored early and created a few decent chances while WBA gifted a 1-on-1 to Cisse which he fluffed over the bar when it was easier to score. Second half absolutely dire from the first minute, they bombarded us while we hoofed it away and made no attempt to hang onto the ball for longer than about 4 seconds. We weathered the storm after conceding a poor equaliser, [/b]kicked it long at Shola whilst HBA got 20 minutes and I'm not sure he touched the ball.[/b]

Think Villa away but without a 2 goal lead.

so was it a clear and obvious change in tactics from pardioa to hoof it long and hang onto the lead then?  read about cabaye looking pissed off second half like

I didn't watch the game, went out for some beers instead. I'll never stop supporting Newcastle, but at the moment I'm a bit disillusioned with it all. Watching us play is a depressive chore and it could all be so different. There is nothing better than watching your team play with attacking style and passion, and even if we draw or get beat, youd be just as excited to watch us play next weekend. Pardew is sucking the life out of the players and the fans, he has no idea how to change things around when they aren't working. At least Stoke have a style and are a long ball, direct side. We have no style, no substance and it's so fucking depressing.

I think it was because of how many times we've seen it before. It's a very well worn script.

my mate can't/won't accept that it's pardew...he can't accept that playing well for say 45 minutes, decent football and score a goal then the reversion to hoofball is anything but the players

i don't claim to understand it, it doesn't make sense on any level the way we fall apart

Best thing you can say about this game is that we managed to avoid defeat.

WBA were also poor on the day, so a point is scant return after promising the fans a 'reaction' after last week's debacle. Usual second half fade out(which indicates lack of fitness, not being 'tired'...no wonder the players 'seem' to like him, they get an easy time), and WBA capitalized with an equalizer which was the least they deserved.

Usual easy surrender of possession and unconstructive crossing and again, the game was like watching paint dry..

Next week will be very interesting......we are lucky other games went in our favour at the bottom - with the obvious exception of you-know-who..!

Agree with pretty much all with what he was saying..... also pleased to see there are other people out there that see Pardew for what he is.

There's so many people that keep going on about injuries and europe etc etc but i can guarantee right now if the team was set up tactically and coached properly we wouldn't be f*cking 16th irrelevant of the injuries.

The main reason i want Pardew is out is because he's clueless tactically and painfully obvious his coaching isn't up to much either.

Europe and injuries come and go but Pardew's lack of tactics and poor coaching will not.

It was a good call, for sure, though I wouldn't agree with everything. We do need to move away from the long ball style, though since the new lads came in in January, there's been signs that Pardew is at least trying to move in that direction. I'm not sure that we've quite got the squad in place to do that yet, which is partly why I'd give the guy another season.

The point that the caller made about 'only' half the team playing against Benfica is a bit irritating. That's a significant number. You only need 1 or 2 players to be below par to make a difference to the overall performance.

I think we will be relegated when I look at our remaining fixtures.  Maybe 2 points at home and none away

I hope not. I'm hoping the players ignore Pardew and conjure something to keep us up.

It really feels like the Sunderland defeat was the final nail in the coffin already. An away win at West Brom would have really made amends given our current situation.

Guest Roger Kint

I think we will be relegated when I look at our remaining fixtures.  Maybe 2 points at home and none away

That would mean Wigan winning 3 of their last 5.Which 3 of Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal, WBA & Villa away last game are you expecting them to win?

That would mean Wigan winning 3 of their last 5.Which 3 of Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal, WBA & Villa away last game are you expecting them to win?

Didn't Wigan turn over a few of the top 4 in the last few games last season?

Agree it's a tough run-in, but it's hardly worth banking on.

Guest Roger Kint

Didn't Wigan turn over a few of the top 4 in the last few games last season?

Agree it's a tough run-in, but it's hardly worth banking on.

We usually turn over the mackems & WBA as well........oh wait thats not how football works every year :lol:

Had chance to look at the penalty incident, it was not a foul, the free kick should not have been given, justice was done.

Good luck for the rest of the season, I'm sure you will be okay, its between Wigan and Villa now I think.

As I've resigned myself to being stuck with Pardew for the foreseeable future, I just keep telling myself it'll be different next season - a full pre-season for key players, nothing but domestic fixtures, hopefully more luck with injuries, a few summer signings. It won't be though :(

It was a good call, for sure, though I wouldn't agree with everything. We do need to move away from the long ball style, though since the new lads came in in January, there's been signs that Pardew is at least trying to move in that direction. I'm not sure that we've quite got the squad in place to do that yet, which is partly why I'd give the guy another season.

You really do say the most extraordinary things.

You really do say the most extraordinary things.

Obvious troll is obvious.