Wimpy

Numbers

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Talking to a couple of mates about Wimpy from the 80's and one reckons there was a one in Benton somewhere. Anyone know if its still there?

Yes. It'll be there till the end of time.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

No idea. Wimpy was strange, as it was the slowest fast food in the world, and it was always horrible. However, because you got to sit down at tables, and eat from a plate it was GOOD FOOD... according to Nanas and Grandmas across the North-East.

Only time I went in a Wimpy was when there was one in the Metro Centre where that McDonalds now is opposite the bowling. I had something chips and beans. Probably sausage.

What was that weird looking fast food place a little further up from there on the corner? Opposite the music shop. Always had a monster sandwich in the window?

f***ing Wimpy. They actually opened one up in Ipswich a couple of years ago. A new one. :lol: I thought they were on the decline ffs.

Might say more about Ipswich than Wimpy's fortunes.  :lol:

Fucking Wimpy. They actually opened one up in Ipswich a couple of years ago. A new one. :lol: I thought they were on the decline ffs.

Aye but it's no surprise given the grand opening of Ipswich's first Woolworths was only last year.

Wimpy was strange, as it was the slowest fast food in the world, and it was always horrible.

It really was. :lol:

It was definitely a crucial part of a trip to the bowling alley though.

f***ing Wimpy. They actually opened one up in Ipswich a couple of years ago. A new one. :lol: I thought they were on the decline ffs.

It's insane. They pulled out a fucking Burger King for it. :(

Mental :lol:

Mental :lol:

Ipswich. Going backwards since it was founded.