Alan Pardew

Mike

Have a feeling Pardew is going to flop in his end of season interview, and end up getting the boot.

He'll whinge too much about the owner needing to do better, or needing more English players with prem expeerience who cost too much, and they'll ask him to clear his desk.

Never thought I'd change anyone's mind.

Surprises me how anti-Pardew this board is though.  Seems 95% are militantly opposed to the bloke managing another game, it suggests a view that ANY other manager could turn Mike Williamson into a solid, classy CB that can pass the ball out of defence with aplomb rather than hoofing the fucker ;)

Anywhere else it seems to be 50-50, largely people can see Pardew's clear flaws, but also the limitations he (and any other manager that replaced him) face.  There'll be extremists who are stupidly supportive and just say "5th! 5th! 5th!"...and at the other end who say everything is an excuse. But most people see both sides.  Here though, more than anywhere else it tends to be the latter "no excuses" sort.  To the extent that protests are being planned.  Are any other sites doing that?

Just wanted to temper some of that extremism if I could.

i've kind of lost track of what happy face is on about here, seems to be lots of defending pardew going on - is it from a standpoint of he's not that bad or he's not going anywhere get used to it?

He doesn't trust Ashley to appoint anyone better. As CG pointed out, he's been a classy poster despite the cynicism thrown his way in the last few pages.

Well said.

Guest icemanblue

Surprises me how anti-Pardew this board is though.  Seems 95% are militantly opposed to the bloke managing another game, it suggests a view that ANY other manager could turn Mike Williamson into a solid, classy CB that can pass the ball out of defence with aplomb rather than hoofing the fucker ;)

Anywhere else it seems to be 50-50, largely people can see Pardew's clear flaws, but also the limitations he (and any other manager that replaced him) face.  There'll be extremists who are stupidly supportive and just say "5th! 5th! 5th!"...and at the other end who say everything is an excuse. But most people see both sides.  Here though, more than anywhere else it tends to be the latter "no excuses" sort.  To the extent that protests are being planned.  Are any other sites doing that?

:thup:

Making lists of players who, on "paper" you don't think are good enough is only relevant if you extend it to the other clubs in the league. Looking at Wigan, Norwich,  Villa, mackems, Stoke, even the likes of West Brom, their first teams contain loads of players who are simply not even as good as many of our reserves.

Twitter is mostly anti-Pardew these days too.

Protests aren't being planned ffs. You're distorting the truth to take the piss out of everyone on here as though hundreds of people exactly think the same thing.

Protests aren't being planned ffs. You're distorting the truth to take the piss out of everyone on here as though hundreds of people exactly think the same think.

Didn't see to me like he was taking the piss at all.

Guest icemanblue

Protests aren't being planned ffs. You're distorting the truth to take the piss out of everyone on here as though hundreds of people exactly think the same thing.

So defensive. ;)

Making lists of players who, on "paper" you don't think are good enough is only relevant if you extend it to the other clubs in the league. Looking at Wigan, Norwich,  Villa, mackems, Stoke, even the likes of West Brom, their first teams contain loads of players who are simply not even as good as many of our reserves.

You're mostly listing teams we've finished above though...or still could.

How his he taking the piss? I dont think he means to at all.

He is being reasonable and making solid points which are backed up imo. There is a thread about a protest to be fair and he has captured the tone of this thread quite well. Just being objective about it.

You're mostly listing teams we've finished above though...or still could.

Finishing above Wigan might be the sum of your ambitions but it isn't mine. Every team below Liverpool would swap our squad for theirs in a heartbeat.

It's pretty obvious when you suddenly see certain people posting on here more in the last two days than they have in the last two years combined. It's all about mocking 'the mongs on N-O', and some openly admit it.

There are people with extreme views on Pardew everywhere, the people I go to the games with have some, the people I have on Facebook have some, people who phone the football phone-ins have some. There are strong opinions that Pardew should go on other NUFC forums too.

'OMG if I pretend they're all impatient kids that play computer games that'll make me look better!'

Surprises me how anti-Pardew this board is though.  Seems 95% are militantly opposed to the bloke managing another game, it suggests a view that ANY other manager could turn Mike Williamson into a solid, classy CB that can pass the ball out of defence with aplomb rather than hoofing the f***er ;)

Happy Face, tbh it's you who is in the wrong here man. You're trying to see things through both sides and points of views but for me it's clear you don't know football. Most on here are very informed and knowledgeable from watching football from leagues all over the world who have seen other teams play 100 times and therefore have built there opinion on other than Newcastle. I've in my lifetime very rarely seen football played in such a cowardly manner as under Pardew. I have a family who we all grew up with football, I don't know how many times I have had to sit through Newcastle games even last season with criticism for Pardew. It was obvious last season and it's even more obvious this season. He can't adapt, he can't change and he can't manage a football club at the highest level. I'll be happy to be proved wrong, but that is dependant on him learning from mistakes which from his interviews is clear he doesn't see them as that. I think most on here have come to realize this and it's not weird we want the best for the club.

To say we have been massively unlucky this season is also proof of being excessively lucky last season. This season we have had a fair few lucky moments in our favour too, Figueroa being harshly sent off, Evertons goal not counting while we've also had some unlucky and terrible refereeing calls. In the end we have a team good enough not to depend on decisions and something Pardew has not done. No one expects someone new to come in and make Mike Williamson play like a classy CB, but you look around the league and world and you have a lot of managers adapting players to their tactics and helping them improve while we have a manager who has stagnated players at our disposal.

Last week* I had this discussion with Inochi and he refused to see it the same way as me and I respect that, but before Ben Arfa came into the side last season we won very few points, had we not had a great start to the season or had Benny come into the team to save us we'd probably have finished around the same. Credit where it's due though Pardew did get the team to play efficiently and that's why I've many times compared him to someone like Sven Göran Eriksson. Both have this inability to makes changes for the good, to see their blatant mistakes and try to correct them. If Sven managed us I'd see the exact same problem. It's a conservative style of football with no back up plan if it fails. Luckily for Sven his style worked for him many times, but it was very obvious it didn't always work. I'll never forget the 2002 world cup quarterfinal and I'll be forever thankful for England having Sven as a manager. Brazil up 2-1 with a man less with 20-25 minutes to go absolutely dominated the ball, England had no idea what to do when they were in advantage player wise. Instead of looking for a win they were left confused when a player like Roberto Carlos stole the ball, ran the length of the pitch, stopped, looked back and passed it back around to the defenders in a way not to lose the ball. I saw the same with him against other teams at World Cups. Pardew falls into the same category for me but obviously at a lesser level.

With that said many managers can play defensively and still be good managers, look at Ancelotti, Capello, Tite etc. More boring styles of play are hard to find but they have a system in place and believe in their philosophy. You also have to Loco ones like Tele Santana, Bielsa etc.

Drawing a conclusion from this, it's beyond me how anyone can be surprised that 95% (w/e that number came from) are completely against the bloke, but I can promise you HF that we will all be hoping he changes over the summer if his still here.

tl;dr...

It's pretty obvious when you suddenly see certain people posting on here more in the last two days than they have in the last two years combined. It's all about mocking 'the mongs on N-O', and some openly admit it.

There are people with extreme views on Pardew everywhere, the people I go to the games with have some, the people I have on Facebook have some, people who phone the football phone-ins have some. There are strong opinions that Pardew should go on other NUFC forums too.

'OMG if I pretend they're all impatient kids that play computer games that'll make me look better!'

I agree, but was anyone doing that?

:lol: I came to read Happy Face's posts. He's informative and a good poster.

Has Gemmill ever done anything but take the piss for the last 8 years?

Don't think it quite follows that Pardew is incapable of learning from his mistakes just because he makes 'excuses' in interviews.

Every manager has to keep up a front throughout the season, especially when things are going badly, and very few are open enough to admit mistakes. Even when they do, it's a political move to protect their players.

I would be really surprised if he hasn't learned anything from this season. Not that it will necessarily make him twice the manager, but still.

Happy Face, tbh it's you who is in the wrong here man. You're trying to see things through both sides and points of views but for me it's clear you don't know football. Most on here are very informed and knowledgeable from watching football from leagues all over the world who have seen other teams play 100 times and therefore have built there opinion on other than Newcastle.

:lol: Then again.

Don't think it quite follows that Pardew is incapable of learning from his mistakes just because he makes 'excuses' in interviews.

Every manager has to keep up a front throughout the season, especially when things are going badly, and very few are open enough to admit mistakes. Even when they do, it's a political move to protect their players.

I would be really surprised if he hasn't learned anything from this season. Not that it will necessarily make him twice the manager, but still.

I think he's incapable of learning from his mistakes because he keeps repeating them.

???

Are you projecting here?

Computer Games?

I played Sonic Racing last night.  My 6 year old nephew fucking hammered me.

Guest neesy111

I think he's incapable of learning from his mistakes because he keeps repeating them.

Bang on the money.