Alan Pardew

Mike

Finishing above Wigan might be the sum of your ambitions but it isn't mine. Every team below Liverpool would swap our squad for theirs in a heartbeat.

I wouldn't.

Not because I don't think yours is stronger on paper - it is - but because they're players the manager chose, and has been working with, and probably will get decent results out of in future.

On the other hand, there just seems to be a gigantic disconnect of some sort at Newcastle, between players and manager. There must be, I don't see how such a decent squad can perform so consistently badly. I saw someone on here the other day mention the amount of luck you had last season with your decent finish. I really don't buy that for a moment, you can't fluke enough over 38 games to get a finish like that, which just makes this season even more inexplicable.

From the outside looking in, it must be a case of the manager not getting the results from the players, rather than the players not being up to it.

I remember after the January window the consensus amongst every Villa fan I spoke to, or read on forums, was that you'd bought so well, and added to an already strong squad, that you were unquestionably not going to be in a relegation struggle.

I still don't entirely understand how you managed to get yourself into it for so long, but whatever happened, it is much, much easier to change the manager to fix the problem rather than start selling off players who have had one bad season.

Don't think it quite follows that Pardew is incapable of learning from his mistakes just because he makes 'excuses' in interviews.

Every manager has to keep up a front throughout the season, especially when things are going badly, and very few are open enough to admit mistakes. Even when they do, it's a political move to protect their players.

I would be really surprised if he hasn't learned anything from this season. Not that it will necessarily make him twice the manager, but still.

He didn't learn anything last season Ian, and the problems with the football were there for all to see.

Happy Face, tbh it's you who is in the wrong here man. You're trying to see things through both sides and points of views but for me it's clear you don't know football. Most on here are very informed and knowledgeable from watching football from leagues all over the world who have seen other teams play 100 times and therefore have built there opinion on other than Newcastle.

:lol: Then again.

But it's quite obvious isn't it? I mean how can 95% be in the wrong? There are managers out there with far less resources, far less talents at their disposal doing stuff. How can a team like WBA finish above us? A team like Stoke most likely finishing above us? You have to get to the absolute source of that and while I think the players have a big reason for us underachieving massively this season the biggest problem of them all is the manager or even Dekka & Mike for keeping him.

Happy Face, tbh it's you who is in the wrong here man. You're trying to see things through both sides and points of views but for me it's clear you don't know football. Most on here are very informed and knowledgeable from watching football from leagues all over the world who have seen other teams play 100 times and therefore have built there opinion on other than Newcastle.

But it's quite obvious isn't it? I mean how can 95% be in the wrong? There are managers out there with far less resources, far less talents at their disposal doing stuff. How can a team like WBA finish above us? A team like Stoke most likely finishing above us? You have to get to the absolute source of that and while I think the players have a big reason for us underachieving massively this season the biggest problem of them all is the manager or even Dekka & Mike for keeping him.

Everyone admits we've had a shite season and shouldn't be anywhere near that position. And everyone admits Pardew has made loads of mistakes and has to take a lot of the responsibility.

Is there a Toontastic app I can get which notifies me whenever a Newcastle Online member posts on there so I can rush over and tell them how intelligent our man is?

He's informative.

He's REALLY funny.

No, no, YOU'RE really funny.

Oh do stop it, YOU'RE the clever one, and you're so funny.

Never thought I'd change anyone's mind.

Surprises me how anti-Pardew this board is though.  Seems 95% are militantly opposed to the bloke managing another game, it suggests a view that ANY other manager could turn Mike Williamson into a solid, classy CB that can pass the ball out of defence with aplomb rather than hoofing the fucker ;)

Anywhere else it seems to be 50-50, largely people can see Pardew's clear flaws, but also the limitations he (and any other manager that replaced him) face.  There'll be extremists who are stupidly supportive and just say "5th! 5th! 5th!"...and at the other end who say everything is an excuse. But most people see both sides.  Here though, more than anywhere else it tends to be the latter "no excuses" sort.  To the extent that protests are being planned.  Are any other sites doing that?

Just wanted to temper some of that extremism if I could.

Protests aren't being planned ffs. You're distorting the truth to take the piss out of everyone on here as though hundreds of people exactly think the same thing.

So defensive. ;)

Bang to rights. :blush:

Is there a Toontastic app I can get which notifies me whenever a Newcastle Online member posts on there so I can rush over and tell them how intelligent our man is?

We're all here because you sent Christmas Tree back.

Everyone admits we've had a s**** season and shouldn't be anywhere near that position. And everyone admits Pardew has made loads of mistakes and has to take a lot of the responsibility.

Not everyone though.

Now that I can sympathise with.

There hasn't been an inter-forum bickering sesh since about 2004. Too long. Kick one off Wullie. Go on. Go over there and call someone a fucking spenk.

:lol: 'Our' man. Chill out Wullie, HF goes on a posting spree on here, some people are interested in the debate.

I also think the comments like 'you konw nothing about football' etc are ridiculous. Its an important debate and a good one.

Fair play to HF , I don't agree with a lot of what he says, but at least he conveys it in a decent, respectful, non condescending manner.

He's not being respectful is he though, he's basically saying 95% of this forum is clueless, or at least that's how I read it. And if I'm wrong I apologize.

Guest bimpy474

Happy Face posts intelligent stuff, is very engaging.

The only problem is most of it is complete and utter mingejuice

Fair play to HF , I don't agree with a lot of what he says, but at least he conveys it in a decent, respectful, non condescending manner.

I refer to the 'OMG' shite. Generally agree about his arguments otherwise.

Guest MarriedToTheToon

Or so they thought ;)

*awaits hoof*

Aye, it's the flids who say stuff ike "you don't know football" if you disagree with them that make this thread a joke, not HF.

Like I wrote above I might have misunderstood his post and I'll apologize and do a Pardew and use language barrier as an excuse. But it seemed he was deeming 95% of this forum to being wrong?

Guest bimpy474

Aye, it's the flids who say stuff ike "you don't know football" if you disagree with them that make this thread a joke, not HF.

You dont know what your talking about.

;)

There must be, I don't see how such a decent squad can perform so consistently badly.

Our first 11 when all are fully fit would be the envy of 75% of the Premier league. Our second 11 would struggle to get out of the Championship.

Stoke sent Shola back 5 years ago cos he couldn't score in that league....and he's still our best threat from the bench.

Like I wrote above I might have misunderstood his post and I'll apologize and do a Pardew and use language barrier as an excuse. But it seemed he was deeming 95% of this forum to being wrong?

I meant 95% want him sacked, without any knowledge of who might replace him and irrespective of mitigating circumstances.

No need to apologise like, I'm a right prick ;)

There must be, I don't see how such a decent squad can perform so consistently badly.

Our first 11 when all are fully fit would be the envy of 75% of the Premier league. Our second 11 would struggle to get out of the Championship.

Stoke sent Shola back 5 years ago....and he's still our best threat from the bench.

Who's on the pitch? Cisse, Ben Arfa, Cabaye, Marveaux, Sissoko, Goufrann?