Alan Pardew

Mike

If pardew finished 6th next season, who would cut him some slack?

Depends how we played, i dont think i can watch another 1-0 v Norwich again, or a last gasp winner against the BOTTOM side of the league or throwing away 3 points against ANOTHER gash team who everyone else in the league dished them a thrashing

Its not just about long ball though is it.... we are unorganised and lack any sort of cohesion not to mention when a player is in possession there is zero movement.

Not to mention we sit insanely deep meaning when we do get the ball its very hard to translate defence to attack quickly, our transition play is god awful.

Its all shit, not just long balls. If Pardew fixes all these problems then fair f*cking play but his past says he wont.

Of course it's not just about long ball. Just like it wasn't about using stats to prove that Pardew plays Jonas for his defensive work :lol:

What it is about is him trying to look clever and deflecting any good questions by going down alley ways like this. He's even had the cheek to say that the conversation on here was JUST 'Pardew's shit' until he graced us with his presence and his mates turned up to tell us how enlightening he is.

Many many well thought out arguments have been put on this board about Pardew over the last few years, in favour and otherwise. The last few days have just been an ego trip.

Its not just about long ball though is it.... we are unorganised and lack any sort of cohesion not to mention when a player is in possession there is zero movement.

Not to mention we sit insanely deep meaning when we do get the ball its very hard to translate defence to attack quickly, our transition play is god awful.

Its all s***, not just long balls. If Pardew fixes all these problems then fair f*cking play but his past says he wont.

:thup: Don't see how people can argue this and also using stats that are completely irrelevant to the fact that we are absolute wank. Can the decrease in longballs also be due to a decrease in ball possession? I'm asking because need facts for this. While you're at it HF I'd like to see if you could to a graph on why considering we haven't been shit we are sitting on 41p with one of the better squads in the league.

And Unbelievable, your name also suits you perfectly at the moment. You're able to not call us a hoofing team but at the same time criticize most of our players and refuse to see that our manager is one of the bigger problems for our attacking not working. You say Cisse isn't good enough to lead the line, while being absolute blind to the fact that he has to go pick the ball at the corner flag because there's no cohesion or tactic to our game and there's no support to him. Well tbf all your reliability disappeared when you suggested the Dutch league wasn't worse than the Portuguese so I'm sorry for even getting into a discussion with you now.

Depends how we played, i dont think i can watch another 1-0 v Norwich again, or a last gasp winner against the BOTTOM side of the league or throwing away 3 points against ANOTHER gash team who everyone else in the league dished them a thrashing

TBF it's a fickle game so many would accept, I would probably be more happy than this time around but I would depending on performance still question us. I hope he does a Moyes with Everton but I have the absolute rights to have my doubts about it happening.

TBF it's a fickle game so many would accept, I would probably be more happy than this time around but I would depending on performance still question us. I hope he does a Moyes with Everton but I have the absolute rights to have my doubts about it happen.

Exactly, I would love us to surge up the league next season. Cant see it happening

Its all s***, not just long balls. If Pardew fixes all these problems then fair f*cking play but his past says he wont.

Of course it's not just about long ball. Just like it wasn't about using stats to prove that Pardew plays Jonas for his defensive work :lol:

What it is about is him trying to look clever and deflecting any good questions by going down alley ways like this. He's even had the cheek to say that the conversation on here was JUST 'Pardew's s***' until he graced us with his presence and his mates turned up to tell us how enlightening he is.

Many many well thought out arguments have been put on this board about Pardew over the last few years, in favour and otherwise. The last few days have just been an ego trip.

Agreed.

Or more than likely be ignored, just as I was when I pulled him up on his 'Shola's our best option from the bench' rubbish.

:thup:

HF is worse then your average politician for skirting around and often even completely ignoring points that detract from and falsify his arguments.

I don't get this counter argument that some long balls are passes and others aren't.  What does it matter?  How does that counter the fact that on average, we've hit 20 less long balls per game in the last 3 months than in the first 3 months.

An improvement, for those that don't like long balls/passes.

This is frustrating me too :lol: The quality of the long ball doesn't fucking matter!

I don't get this counter argument that some long balls are passes and others aren't.  What does it matter?  How does that counter the fact that on average, we've hit 20 less long balls per game in the last 3 months than in the first 3 months.

This is frustrating me too :lol: The quality of the long ball doesn't fucking matter!

People are instinctively trying to break it down into 'hopeful' and 'targetted'....Broadly agree that the where raw stats are concerned the intention isn't so important. Sides like Spurs play a lot more long ball than people realise but most of those are bourne from postive posession and 'choices' at key moments of play. Ours generally are more of the 'hopeful' variety is the majority feeling.

This ties in with Pards style of play which is the maj gripe...WBA I'd say are pretty much a long ball team as are Norwich but they do enough of the other stuff so that it doesn't look so bad or desperate - style wise.

This is frustrating me too :lol: The quality of the long ball doesn't f***ing matter!

People are instinctively trying to break it down into 'hopeful' and 'targetted'....Broadly agree that the where raw stats are concerned the intention isn't so important. Sides like Spurs play a lot more long ball than people realise but most of those are bourne from postive posession and 'choices' at key moments of play. Ours generally are more of the 'hopeful' variety is the majority feeling.

This ties in with Pards style of play which is the maj gripe...WBA I'd say are pretty much a long ball team as are Norwich but they do enough of the other stuff so that it doesn't look so bad or desperate - style wise.

I think it's that long ball that you are talking about which pisses us fans off. It's the long ball to Cisse who will never ever win a header against a stronger central defender. It's not hard to see that our long balls are just like you said hopeful passing.

This is frustrating me too :lol: The quality of the long ball doesn't f***ing matter!

I think it's that long ball that you are talking about which pisses us fans off. It's the long ball to Cisse who will never ever win a header against a stronger central defender. It's not hard to see that our long balls are just like you said hopeful passing.

...and the main reason for that and something we've discussed for 2 yrs is Pards refusal to continue with a 433 (so someone can drop off and come short to recycle play).

...and the main reason for that and something we've discussed for 2 yrs is Pards refusal to continue with a 433 (so someone can drop off and come short to recycle play).

:thup: It's all a mess at the moment, and being pretty sure he's here come august I hope a fresh start will help him.

1 in 5 of our passes are made by a central forward placed midfielder with a 36% accuracy, 1 in 5 of those are to a wide forward player and 40% result in open attacking play in the front 3rd of the pitch. Only Arsenal and Chelsea have better percentages than this, therefore you're wrong and Pardew is just misunderstood.

1 in 5 of our passes are made by a central forward placed midfielder with a 36% accuracy, 1 in 5 of those are to a wide forward player and 40% result in open attacking play in the front 3rd of the pitch. Only Arsenal and Chelsea have better percentages than this, therefore you're wrong and Pardew is just misunderstood.

You got a link? ;)

Or more than likely be ignored, just as I was when I pulled him up on his 'Shola's our best option from the bench' rubbish.

Didnt you suggest Anita as an alternative?

I thought HF's point was just that we dont have a striker on the bench of a better quality than Shola, hence pointing to squad depth. Shola seems to come on in response to us playing it long, not the other way round. If that is the case then bringing on Anita would be odd.

As for your point about how wonderful the arguments have been on here, surely the end of the season, with all the stats, facts and figures to hand is a good time to reflect on whatever has been said before?

Guest Dontooner

Lets keep Pardew for another seven years, he is the best we can hope for anyway.

The dropping long ball stats points to the fact we are playing better football and looking alot more dangerous on the attack.

Jonas over involvement in the team (left Back) is helping us to the top of the "Least Goal Conceded Stat"

Shola is a key player and without his contribution we would be in trouble this season..

Tiote is undroppable because he never hides and is great consistently aids the team in attacks...

Cisse have top notch skills and should play on the right as often as possible.

Ba is gone but when he comes back after realizing Pardew was the only manager he loves, he will shell his life out and play in any position Pardew ask of him.

Let's not ask questions and be grateful for Ashely and Dekka..they are the pay masters..without them the club will ruin it self.

Guest bimpy474

This is one of the dumbest things i've ever heard....well done.

Is there a reason why the 4-3-3 has been pretty much dumped? If anything, we have players to fit that system now more than ever, with the new signings.

He worries about losing games too much...If that makes sense...We're historically used to attack being the first line of defence..ie we've been spoilt in the recent past. He likes to keep it tight and protect the full backs..This is pretty much the oldskool thinking that has taken root in his head..As you rightly say we have the staff for a decent 433 now especially with Sissoko and Hatem. I really think we need to get rid of Guti.

Didnt you suggest Anita as an alternative?

I thought HF's point was just that we dont have a striker on the bench of a better quality than Shola, hence pointing to squad depth. Shola seems to come on in response to us playing it long, not the other way round. If that is the case then bringing on Anita would be odd.

As for your point about how wonderful the arguments have been on here, surely the end of the season, with all the stats, facts and figures to hand is a good time to reflect on whatever has been said before?

I find it incredibly farfetched to think that Pardew sees us resorting to long ball and hoys Shola on to utilise it, and I'm amazed you don't. Players panicking and reverting to a style that isn't historically suited to them individually when a goal up or drawing just seems like absolute rubbish to me. It's far more feasible that the instruction comes from the bench.

Guest bimpy474

Is there a reason why the 4-3-3 has been pretty much dumped? If anything, we have players to fit that system now more than ever, with the new signings.

He worries about losing games too much...If that makes sense...We're historically used to attack being the first line of defence..ie we've been spoilt in the recent past. He likes to keep it tight and protect the full backs..This is pretty much the oldskool thinking that has taken root in his head..As you rightly say we have the staff for a decent 433 now especially with Sissoko and Hatem. I really think we need to get rid of Guti.

Worries too much hasn't worked though has it Parky. 67 goals conceded is ridiculous for such a defensive and cautious coach.

Worries too much hasn't worked though has it Parky. 67 goals conceded is ridiculous for such a defensive and cautious coach.

Worrying never works. Football starts and ends with confidence.