Alan Pardew

Mike

Guest Howaythetoon

Newcastle is a fucking windy city mind. We played 5-a-side a few weeks back on one of those 60mph type wind days and when you tried to hit it long the ball would swirl back and hit you flat in your face.

Guest Gemmill

Would be good if we could get a chart with long balls in columns by match, overlaid with wind speed for that day. Put this one to bed.

That and the likes of Sissoko who looked a beast the first few weeks he was here, now looking more like a f***ing chicken. Pardew's negative ways effecting their game and with it our game.

You seriously blaming Pardew for his lack of form due to Pardew's negative way? Sissoko did well to look a 'beast' in the first place in an unfamiliar position and a new league to contend with. Pardew's answer to his demise was to play him right wing against Liverpool, that was his clueless part. Pardew should at least take some of the praise for having the sense to play him in an advanced role which massively helped us gain wins against Villa and Chelsea. Unfortunately this form then wasn't sustained as clubs became a lot more familiar with him and he wasn't the surprise package anymore so obviously other managers would pick up on his glaring attacking weaknesses, Pardew just didn't have the sense to look and change this. Either a)drop him or b) play him in his preferred position.

Pardew didn't have him playing as a number 10, he had him in CM, Sissoko only ended up in that kind of role/position because the game was becoming stretched and he was released from his shackles and getting more space and freedom to run forwards and get at the opposition. First half against Chelsea stuck in CM he was running into traffic constantly. Only Pardew would claim he turned Sissoko into a number 10 or rather that he deserves the credit for it. :lol:

Nonsense. Sissoko has played behind Cisse for the majority of games since he arrived. Cabaye/Tiote/Anita/Perch, have mainly all been behind him. Sissoko has then reverted deeper in a few games once we've already been rolled over in the latter stages.

I've not picked on one thing. People have harped on about us sitting on top of the chart for long balls.

That's a fact used to beat Pardew up.

But its a problem that has been rectified.

Only the seasonal averages of Arsenal and Man City are lower than ours for the last 12 games.

I'm really amazed how few people can comprehend this simple point.

As far as I can see, you're the only one who keeps harping on about long balls because it's got a stat attached to it. Personally I'm more concerned about how fucking dire we are every week.

I agree with you btw, that the amount of long balls has decreased of late, at least in the first half when we still maintain a vague interest in scoring a goal. The football is still negative and ineffective though and that'll be the case no matter how many stats you can find.

Guest neesy111

The long balls has decreased but our football has been just as dreadful still, which tells me Pardew doesn't know what to do to get the football better.

I've not picked on one thing. People have harped on about us sitting on top of the chart for long balls.

That's a fact used to beat Pardew up.

But its a problem that has been rectified.

Only the seasonal averages of Arsenal and Man City are lower than ours for the last 12 games.

I'm really amazed how few people can comprehend this simple point.

I'm amazed that you believe it's acceptable to compare the averages of our last 12 games against the averages of other teams over a 37 game period.

We played 69 long balls against West Ham, equal to the highest average in the league over 37 games (us).

Guest Roger Kint

The long balls has decreased but our football has been just as dreadful still, which tells me Pardew doesn't know what to do to get the football better.

Not really, just tells you he sets us up far to negatively and the team has no flow/balance/movement to it. Imo he knows exactly what to do as was evident more last season and rare occasions during this year, he simply refuses to do it for some reason.

Can we all not just agree we've been uber shit and be done with it?! Because we have been uber shit, and the manager takes responsibility for that. If he doesn't then he's not the manager and should be replaced by whoever does take responsibility.

At this point I don't think anyone cares about how much one poster needs to clarify to another why they think their point of view is right.

As far as I can see, you're the only one who keeps harping on about long balls because it's got a stat attached to it. Personally I'm more concerned about how fucking dire we are every week.

I agree with you btw, that the amount of long balls has decreased of late, at least in the first half when we still maintain a vague interest in scoring a goal. The football is still negative and ineffective though and that'll be the case no matter how many stats you can find.

None of my posts this morning said a word about it until Venky started on about it again.  I've only ever mentioned it in response to people incorrectly saying Pardew is playing long ball, based on what we were doing before...not what we are doing now.

It's settled afaic.

Only the question of whether the wind made the difference or not left ;)

None of my posts this morning said a word about it until Venky started on about it again.  I've only ever mentioned it in response to people incorrectly saying Pardew is playing long ball, based on what we were doing before...not what we are doing now.

It's settled afaic.

Only the question of whether the wind made the difference or not left ;)

We play less long balls now than we did earlier in the season, that's fine by me.

We're shit, it's his fault.

Let's have a look at the managers Ashley has appointed since he took owenership of the club:

Keegan: English manager with a good pedigree, who had been out of the game and with strong ties to the club. Undermined by his DoF approach. Constructively dismissed to be replaced by...

Kinnear: English manager without any pedigree to speak off, who had been out of the game. Enough said. Replaced mid season due to health reasons by...

Shearer: emergency replacement. English manager without any relevant experience, and with strong ties to the club. Promised a long contract only to be denied the opportunity to be replaced by...

Hughton: promoted from within. English manager without pedigree. Did decent enough, only to be replaced by...

Pardew: English manager with decent pedigree at best, whose career had taken a plunge. Cheap. Has overachieved in one season, underachived the next

Looking at this track record, what makes people think he would appoint anything other than a cheap, mediocre, English manager if he decides to sack Pardew? Blind hope is what.

what makes people think he would appoint anything other than a cheap, mediocre, English manager if he decides to sack Pardew? Blind hope is what.

Learning from his mistakes.

Not really blind hope like, he's only appointed 5 managers and our recruitment policy, personnel and quite a few other things have changed considerably of late.

5 out of 5 were English, cheap and mediocre (with the possible exception of KK, but he had been out of the game for jonks). It's not beyond the reals of possibility that he would be more adventurous, but neither is it likely. Put it this way, we are far more likely to end up with a Steve Bruce or Martin O'Neill than we are to land your Philippe Montanier, Roberto Martinez or Frank de Boer.

"Blind hope" :lol:

Aye those deluded Geordies eh, blindly hoping that they can one day recruit a better manager than Alan f***ing Pardew. f***ing p*ss off man, blind hope :lol:

It's not the fans who recruit a new manager, it's the owner. What makes you think he would go for something vastly different than what he has done consistently in the past?