Newcastle Utd 0 - 6 Liverpool - 27/04/13 - post-match reaction from page 49

Beren

It just makes me wonder what leads to such abysmal defending. I mean, we've evidently been poor this year but how the hell did performances like that come about?

Probably the Europa League disrupting our preparation...oh wait.

Not sure what coaching can do to sort Yanga Mbiwa's decision making mind.

Being generous (as there's clearly something in there that made people rave about him before he signed) he has just not got his head around the league yet and can't take instruction from Taylor for whatever reason.

Pardew seems incapable of getting them to gel, so we're just left to hope against hope that Colo has his head in the right place to come in and sort us out at the back.

For all the praise of our new signings (and I'm certainly not saying they're inferior players), I'll be stunned if we're not instantly much more solid if we play Simpson/Taylor/Coloccini in the back four.

Being generous (as there's clearly something in there that made people rave about him before he signed) he has just not got his head around the league yet and can't take instruction from Taylor for whatever reason.

Pardew seems incapable of getting them to gel, so we're just left to hope against hope that Colo has his head in the right place to come in and sort us out at the back.

its been barely 4months in a brand new league

It's just so strange though, he didn't play at all like this in France. It's mental, seeing such changes in players. Obviously, he's struggled with the physical element at times but the basic stuff?! This is a player that was receiving serious accolades for his work last season and has had a growing reputation for a few years. You can see how uncomfortable he is on the ball as well, which again, is the complete opposite to what he was like in France.

The fact players don't seem to know what they're doing, aka they're doing different things, is probably telling on the coaching side. The fact there's no organiser at the back is just compounding the issue.