West Ham vs Newcastle Utd - 04/05/13 @ 3pm (No TV)

Beren

To be honest, at the current moment you guys should have the serenity that any fan from a Historical Club must have.

We're not talking about Chelsea or PSG or some other fake team built with money.

A Historical club like NUFC has its highs and lows, and as fans you should know how to deal with the weight of History, by which I mean: Serenity, confidence, knowing that in these situations it's simple - either the players are up to the challenge, or they're not.

As fans, all you have to do is support your club, and be prepared. This is just one more year in a club with 100+ years :)

Anyhow, I am pretty sure you'll make it through.

To be honest, at the current moment you guys should have the serenity that any fan from a Historical Club must have.

We're not talking about Chelsea or PSG or some other fake team built with money.

A Historical club like NUFC has its highs and lows, and as fans you should know how to deal with the weight of History, by which I mean: Serenity, confidence, knowing that in these situations it's simple - either the players are up to the challenge, or they're not.

As fans, all you have to do is support your club, and be prepared. This is just one more year in a club with 100+ years :)

I understand your sentiments, but you only have to look at Leeds Utd, Nottingham Forest, Derby County, Birmingham City, the two Sheffield clubs etc. to realize that no matter how historical you are, the gap between the top division and the rest is so big that your once historical club can easily disappear into oblivion.

I understand your sentiments, but you only have to look at Leeds Utd, Nottingham Forest, Derby County, Birmingham City, the two Sheffield clubs etc. to realize that no matter how historical you are, the gap between the top division and the rest is so big that your once historical club can easily disappear into oblivion.

That won't happen. You'll make it through.

I would play this:

Elliot

Mbiwa      Saylor      Colo    Anita

Sissoko    Cabaye

HBA        Marveaux        Gouffran

Cisse

I expect this:

Elliot

Simpson    Saylor        Coloccini    Perch

Sissoko    Cabaye      Tiote        Jonas

Ameobi      Cisse

I've switched from being very nervous about this game to being excited for it. Maybe it's the weather. Being away from home, despite our away record, will help I think. St James's nervy atmosphere would maybe get to the players.

Coloccinis return could be key.

He is the only player that shows composure on the ball and creates time.

His affect in the team could see us pick up a point that we otherwise wouldn't.

Yep, he will massively improve our organisation if he's on his game. Only worry is whether his personal fitness is lacking.

Yep, he will massively improve our organisation if he's on his game. Only worry is whether his personal fitness is lacking.

Good thing is fitness for a centreback isnt the be all or end all. Colo isnt blessed with blistering speed anyway.

More importantly Colo sees things early so he'll plug the gaps before the damage gets done. It always annoyed me when people would pick up on his odd mistake and fail to notice how many times he's single handedly closed down attacks. When he's not there you start to see how poor we can be.

My honest lineup would be:

Elliot

Simpson Williamson Coloccini Haidara

Sissoko Perch Cabaye

HBA Cisse Gouffran

4-3-3, just fucking go for it! Williamson dealt very well with Carroll last season against Liverpool and Taylor's performance's in the last few games have been shocking, get Colo back in for Yanga as he looks out of his depth at the moment.

The retard will most certainly set us up to try not to lose, which will mean we will concede early on and be chasing the game with the wrong personnel on the pitch of course.