What tips Pardew over the edge?

Interpolic

A 0-3 defeat at home to the mackems didn't do it, in fact he seemed taken aback at how harsh the (relatively mild) criticism was after that horrible defeat.  No idea if he's on the same page as the board with thoughts like that, but you know.

Today was our worst home defeat since 1925 and it wasn't against a team blitzing the league or anything, it was against an average Liverpool side missing their best player.  I don't think he'll get sacked off the back of this defeat either but we'll see.

So what does he have to do to get the bullet?  Is he bulletproof?  If you think not then how much do you think he'll have to fuck up before he's sacked?

If we go down I think the owner will look to sell up again, so even in that scenario I don't see him being sacked. He won't want to walk either.

For him to be sacked I think we'd have to stay up, and be scratching around in this position by the end of the calendar year after being backed with decent funds in the summer. Thought that all season and I still think the same.

I just can't believe Ashley will risk that massive TV money hike to keep one of his chums in a job. But then he's still here. :undecided:

Everyone talks about Reading but Southampton away following home defeats against Swansea and West Ham was the point after which anyone giving him the benefit of the doubt should have been sectioned.

I think he's already a dead man walking. With 3 games to go he's not going to get sacked now realistically, but I'd be surprised if he's still here in the summer. He's clearly lost the dressing room and there's not usually much coming back from that.

If we do go down, bums on seats next season will be a factor. I can see many deciding they have better things to do, especially when cash is so tight-  particularly for those of us that have young families. I made that choice some years ago and I bet I won't be the last.

Maybe if people at the games weren't such blinkered assholes and didn't keep sticking up for him then we could get a move on and start improving as a club. Until that happens and the crowd wakes up and gets stuck into him, we'll continue to break unwanted records.

Ashley goes. That's the only thing I can see making him leave.

If we go down I think the owner will look to sell up again, so even in that scenario I don't see him being sacked. He won't want to walk either.

For him to be sacked I think we'd have to stay up, and be scratching around in this position by the end of the calendar year after being backed with decent funds in the summer. Thought that all season and I still think the same.

Why?  Because he apparently gets along with them?  I don't get it.  I think he'll get binned.  There's no honour with people like Ashley and Llambias so I don't know why people are giving the idea they won't fuck their mate over any credence.  Yes, they've got him under their thumb but they could have another manager under their thumb if they wanted, and that person could make their job easier / more profitable so why wouldn't they?

I think he's already a dead man walking. With 3 games to go he's not going to get sacked now realistically, but I'd be surprised if he's still here in the summer. He's clearly lost the dressing room and there's not usually much coming back from that.

:thup:

Why?  Because he apparently gets along with them?  I don't get it.  I think he'll get binned.  There's no honour with people like Ashley and Llambias so I don't know why people are giving the idea they won't fuck their mate over any credence.  Yes, they've got him under their thumb but they could have another manager under their thumb.

Exactly. If anyone thinks Ashley cares more about his mates than his money they must be pretty far removed from reality.

As I said in the Pardew thread, I'm still hoping he'll be gone by tuesday morning. That's blind hope more than anything, because in reality Ashley is so unpredictable none of us can really know what comes next.

This decision is certainly a litmus test for his ownership- as it stands we are going down imo, and Ashley will prove himself to be incompetent rather than (or as well as) unambitious if he doesn't take corrective action now.

He's gone already I reckon. There's just little point in making a change so late in the day.

Apart from potentially staying up? :lol:

Who realistically comes in now? A stop gap? It's just not going to happen. Maybe it should - but it won't.

Why?  Because he apparently gets along with them?  I don't get it.  I think he'll get binned.  There's no honour with people like Ashley and Llambias so I don't know why people are giving the idea they won't f*** their mate over any credence.  Yes, they've got him under their thumb but they could have another manager under their thumb.

Who? They couldn't even have Hughton under their thumb. No disrespect to the man, but it's not like he had a history of success, or even a credible CV. Who are they going to convince to come and work under them?

I'm sure he'll be worrying about his 8 year contract decision because he seems like an exclusively self involved cunt. He won't want to look bad after apparently starting to get things right. I also don't think he really knows how to be pro active. He's an opportunist that seems to benefit from the misfortune of others and his propensity to sell shit. That doesn't bode well for us. What's our owner got in his locker to change this, never mind our manager?