Mr Spocks eyebrows

womblemaster

for those looking forward to this week/thursday.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvQwXOCKNLY#play

felt bit sorry for chris pine on grhaman norton show on friday.....he seems a bit overshadowed by cumberbatch atmo.

Looks a good film, but wont be hard to upgrade on the last one, which just went through the motions imo.

Either way, I can admit that i was deeply affected by vulcan facial hair when growing up....

I thought the first remake was decent, covered all the basses, met the characters and had a bit of back story to each of them, had a crisis to deal with and set the "alternate universe" up nicely for fruther films.

Never been much of a Trek fan but I really enjoyed the Abrams first one (maybe because he essentially made a Star Wars film out of it) and I'm intrigued by the second for obvious reasons.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Star Trek is superior to Star Wars, simply because Star Trek allowed Star Wars to be. George Lucas said as much.

http://godardsletterboxes.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/janeway_takes_command.jpg

Best series of Star Trek hands down.

Erm.................. No

Personally I always preferred DS9, once it got into the 3rd series or so (when Ronald D Moore joined as a producer).  It showed the Federation wasn't all higher learning, jazz, poetry and benevolent exploration, it showed the Federation with a dirty side where they'll lie, cheat & steal to get their way.

Having watched some of the TNG repeats on syfy, there just aren't that many memorable episodes.  They made 7 series of TNG and I can only really think of about 10 episodes that actually stick in the memory.  Enterprise was just crap.  They only bothered with the whole birth of the Federation storyline once the series had been cancelled and that was the supposed premise of the series.  Voyager wasn't too bad, once they'd ditched the Kes character and moved on from the crap Kazon aliens.

Never watched any Star Trek regularly but absolutely love Babylon 5. Watched it as a kid and had a second round couple of years ago from DVD and it still holds up great. Highly recommended. :thup:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Personally I always preferred DS9, once it got into the 3rd series or so (when Ronald D Moore joined as a producer).  It showed the Federation wasn't all higher learning, jazz, poetry and benevolent exploration, it showed the Federation with a dirty side where they'll lie, cheat & steal to get their way.

Having watched some of the TNG repeats on syfy, there just aren't that many memorable episodes.  They made 7 series of TNG and I can only really think of about 10 episodes that actually stick in the memory.  Enterprise was just crap.  They only bothered with the whole birth of the Federation storyline once the series had been cancelled and that was the supposed premise of the series.  Voyager wasn't too bad, once they'd ditched the Kes character and moved on from the crap Kazon aliens.

Currently watching Enterprise on Netflix, as I never watched it first time around. Season 1 wasn't bad and really picked up a good pace towards the last 5-6 episodes, but then Season 2 is dire. Seemingly Season 2 doesn't get good at all from what I've been told. I'm about 10 episodes in and I've lost a lot of desire to try and watch anymore. Tempted to skip a head to 'good' episodes.

The reboot was class. What a refreshing change to have a normal(ish) womblemaster thread.

you didnt click the link then?

i didnt enjoy the second half of the reboot....cos the plot was very thin.  The villain was just a cardboard cutout villain, kirk fights and wins...so predictable.

the best ST movie todate is first contact.  its had real suspense and atmosphere, and the wacky professor bloke...

the plot looks more interesting in this one coming up, assuming its outweights the hype!

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Fucking geeks.

What you get up to in your Bedroom isn't really worthwhile in this thread. Try the daft confessions thread.

TNG - Because it was on when I was a kid and it's what I grew up with.

DS9 - Extremely underrated - some great dark episodes once the war kicked off

TOS - Nuff Said

Voyager - bland and dumb.

Enterprise - Last season was great and what it should have been from the start, last episode was awful beyond belief.